Privacy Notice for Candidates
We have a strong ethical and legal responsibility regarding the collection and processing of personal data; we are duty-bound to protect the privacy of all people who entrust their personal information to us. This includes candidates’ personal data.
This Notice describes how MSF International collects, holds and processes personal data about Candidates when applying to MSF International.
Nature of data that are collected from candidates
- Email address
- Phone number
- Cover letter
- Photo (optional)
Why does MSF International collect your data?
Purposes and legal basis for the processing
- To complete applicant files and potentially to process applications for employment;
- To have all the necessary documents and information to proceed with recruitments and validation of international staff;
- To estimate candidate’s salary.
How long does MSF International keep your data?
Data retention periods
If you are subsequently employed by MSF International, the supplied personal information will be retained in your personnel file. MSF International retains this in accordance with legal and statutory obligations.
If you are unsuccessful in the application, MSF International retains the personal information for a period of 12 months.
Anonymised data may be kept for statistics only. If your application is received after the application deadline, all received data will be immediately deleted.
Who can access your data?
The personal data you uploaded onto our sites are considered confidential.
Your data are shared only with the employees of MSF International to the extent necessary for their duties including the recruitment committee.
MSF International may also need to share personal data with other Sections within the MSF Movement by email (for matching and salary scaling).
MSF International stores candidates’ personal data in a secure database. Organizational and technical measures have been taken to protect personal data from loss, compromise and theft.
MSF uses an enterprise-level high-availability and disaster recovery solution to avoid data loss and compromise. A backup procedure is in place. A limited number of staff with specific roles is authorized to access databases.
Personal data from Candidates are uploaded in a recruitment Software called “Recruitee”. To know more about Recruitee compliance, you can check https://recruitee.com/security-gdpr
In no case will MSF sell your data.
Your rights as a candidate
You have rights in relation to the personal data that are collected about you.
- Right of access: A candidate can submit a request to have an overview of the personal data that MSF International has about them.
- Right of rectification: If a candidate believes that his/her personal data is incorrect, he/she has the right to request that the data relating to him/her are updated.
- Right to restrict the processing: A candidate has the right to ask MSF International to stop or restrict the use of his/her personal data in certain cases, for example if there is disagreement about the correctness or legitimate use.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”): In some cases, a candidate has the right to have his/her personal data deleted, for example if he/she estimate that MSF International no longer needs the personal data or uses it unlawfully.
MSF International responds to such requests within one month of receiving the request.
Requests can be sent to the International Privacy Coordination Office: [email protected]
Should you wish to file a complaint, it can be done directly to:
Préposé Fédéral à la Protection des Données et à la Transparence (PFPDT)
Feldeggweg 1- CH-3003 Berne
Téléphone: +41 (0)58 462 43 95
Human Resources Privacy Notice for Candidates - Updates
MSF International updates this privacy notice when necessary. If MSF International makes significant changes to the way the organisation treats candidates’ personal information, these will be reflected in this privacy notice.
Last edit: December 2020