Activities 2015 International Activity Report
Restrictions on working and reductions in international aid have made it even harder for Syrian refugees living in Jordan to access healthcare.
One of the few stable countries in the region, Jordan has registered over 600,000 Syrian refugees (UNHCR, the UN refugee agency) since the beginning of the Syrian conflict, and its infrastructure is understandably under pressure. Since November 2014, Syrians have had to pay to access healthcare in public hospitals, but their resources have been diminishing as they are not allowed to work legally in the country. International funding has also decreased.
There is a huge need for treatment for non-communicable diseases and in 2015 MSF expanded a project offering care to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanians with hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. In Irbid governorate, activities continued at the Ministry of Health’s Ibn Sina primary health clinic and a second clinic, Ibn Rushd was opened in mid-April in partnership with a local NGO. Home visits were introduced in August. Over 20,000 consultations were conducted for new patients at these clinics over the course of the year.
Year MSF first worked in the country: 2006.
- A Fair ShotApply A Fair Shot filter (3)
- Access to essential medicineApply Access to essential medicine filter (9)
- Access to healthcareApply Access to healthcare filter (17)
- Antibiotic resistanceApply Antibiotic resistance filter (3)
- Child healthApply Child health filter (6)
- Health policyApply Health policy filter (2)
- Maternal healthApply Maternal health filter (2)
- Mediterranean MigrationApply Mediterranean Migration filter (7)
- Mental healthApply Mental health filter (6)
- MigrantApply Migrant filter (27)
- Mobile clinicApply Mobile clinic filter (2)
- Reconstructive surgeryApply Reconstructive surgery filter (15)
- Refugees and IDPsApply Refugees and IDPs filter (27)
- Sexual violenceApply Sexual violence filter (1)
- VaccinationApply Vaccination filter (6)
- Water and sanitationApply Water and sanitation filter (5)
- EbolaApply Ebola filter (1)
- HIV / AIDSApply HIV / AIDS filter (2)
- Infectious diseasesApply Infectious diseases filter (3)
- Kala azar (visceral leishmaniasis)Apply Kala azar (visceral leishmaniasis) filter (1)
- LeishmaniasisApply Leishmaniasis filter (1)
- MalnutritionApply Malnutrition filter (6)
- Parasitic diseasesApply Parasitic diseases filter (1)
- Pneumococcal diseaseApply Pneumococcal disease filter (2)