Before you apply
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions vary depending on the MSF office where you are recruited, but some features are common for all MSF field staff.
- Per diem during assignment in local currency
- Round-trip transportation to and from assignment
- Room and board during assignment
- Health insurance
- Emergency evacuation insurance
- At least two years of relevant professional experience
- Availability for a minimum of 9 to 12 months (surgeons, anaesthetists and obstetricians/gynaecologists may be accepted for shorter assignments)
- Relevant travel or work
- Experience supervising, managing and training others
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work and live as a team
- Language skills are a valued asset
Each profession also has its own specific requirements, which you will find out as you begin the application process.
MSF’s primary mandate is to bring emergency medical assistance to populations in need. To reach those who need our help the most, we often work in conflict and post-conflict regions.
MSF staff may live and work in insecure environments. While it is impossible to exclude all risks, our security briefings, plans, guidelines and protocols have been designed to manage risks and are part of every programme.