Symphony Program Manager
Location: MSF Operational Centre location – Barcelona, Brussels, Amsterdam, Geneva or Paris
Duration: Long-term contract, Full-time position
Reporting to: Chair of the Symphony Program Board
Application deadline: 20 August 2015
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to
people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides
coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
MSF is embarking on a global project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 21 MSF sections.
In the preliminary phase of the project, a feasibility study was carried out and global HR processes were defined. In the latest phase of the project the functional and technical requirements were defined and an HRIS (Human Resources Information System) solution identified. The project is now entering the design phase and subsequently the implementation phase aiming at realizing the solution and deploying it in the MSF offices. As part of the project preparation, the structure and composition of the existing international project team will be redefined and strengthened.
Whilst working with a team of 1 Project Support Officer, 1 IT Manager, 1 Change Manager and 7 Subject Matter Experts, the Program Manager will devise and lead the international HR project and will be responsible for ensuring the successful design
of the HR processes, defining the HR data governance, and implement the selected HRIS, including the roll out across the movement in full compliance with requirements and HR processes, as well as the definition of the support and the transition to regular operation of the new mode of operation. The Program Manager will have overall responsibility for the achievement of the deliverables within the timeframe and budget and with quality, according to the project objectives.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Program Manager reports to the chair of the Symphony Program Board. The Program Board is the final decisional
level for the project.The program manager has a privileged link with the International HR coordinator to coordinate closely
with IDHR (International Directors of Human Resources) platform in reference to the functional requirements of the project, including process and data governance. S/He also has a specific link with the ISM to ensure that the project and implemented solution fit into the IT strategy and architecture of the MSF movement.
IV. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main tasks and responsibilities of the function are:
- Define and manage the global project for design, realization/implementation and the roll out of the HR processes and HRIS in the different sections, ensuring that program deliverables and outcomes are implemented on-time, on-budget, on-quality, including: project plan, organization, product and project strategies (including, but not exclusively: processes, configuration, development, implementation, support)
- Define the project quality principles and support the Board in the definition of the project KPIs
- Coordinate the global Symphony plan with the local offices plans for implementation
- Ensure and promote the liaison and coordination with other concurrent projects in MSF, when relevant for the project scope and MSF needs
- Ensure full transparency, according to the project governance
- Manage the project team and internal stakeholders to achieve the desired implementation
- Manage overall communication and reporting plan with stakeholders and end users; facilitating and support change management activities in each entity participating in the project and manage the expectations of the stakeholders
- Facilitate executive decision making by the Program Board by: Progress reporting, Issue management, risk management, and reporting process for the project
- Support the Board in the Change Management request process, to ensure the focus in the project scope
- Establish and monitor compliance with MSF standards or practices for documentation, data, training, IT strategy, governance and architecture
- Provide day to day administrative and functional direction to the project team
V. PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate who has solid experience in leading and managing complex HRIS projects (ideally ERP project) in an international setting. You will have at least 5 years’ experience as a program or project manager of which leading and managing a team is an important part. You will be required to have a good understanding and experience of HR transformation and process integration. You will have strong communication and stakeholder management skills as well as a service oriented attitude. Functioning in an international environment, an excellent command of English and an ability to
travel are essential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Ability to understand the needs and constraints of operations and to navigate in a decentralized governance environment
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, contexts, tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Strong communication, presentation and diplomacy skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships at different levels of the organization
- Service oriented
- Result Oriented
- 5 years’ experience as a project leader backed up by project management certification
- Experience in leading a project team
- Experience in management of complex ERP implementations in an international environment, with preference in HR, including full cycle implementation
- Experience within MSF will be an asset
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Masters or Bachelor degree
- Good understanding of Human Resources processes and process design
Starting date: October 2015 (or as soon as possible)
Contract: Long term contract, at 100% full time
Location: MSF operational centre location (Paris, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Brussels or Geneva)
Deadline for applications: 20 August 2015
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOemail@example.com stating “Symphony Program Manager” in the title.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted