Social Media Officer - Dubai
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Regional Office in the United Arab Emirates was founded in 1991. It consists of two departments: fundraising and communications, and human resources and administration. Located in Dubai, it also acts as a regional support base for MSF logistics and operations.
The MSF fundraising & communication department is currently seeking a motivated and committed candidate with ideally previous MSF experience to become Social Media Officer.
Head of Department: Head of Fundraising and Communications
Reports to: Communications and Marketing Manager
Location: Dubai, UAE
Type of contract : Full-time
Start date: as soon as possible
Application deadline: 15 August 2015
Based in the MSF UAE Fundraising and Communications department and reporting to the Communications and Marketing Manager, the Social Media Officer will implement MSF UAE’s Arabic and English social media strategy.
- Identify and develop engaging Arabic/English content for all MSF UAE’s digital platforms and ensure communications are in line with MSF’s brand, procedures and key messages.
- Work closely with the Fundraising and Communication team to deliver compelling external communications to our key audiences via the MSF UAE Arabic/English website and mini-sites, social media and email.
- Implement plans to achieve growth of website visitors, online donations, followers and likes on MSF UAE’s social media platforms.
- In collaboration with the Communications and Marketing Manager, develop and manage MSF UAE’s engagement with our audiences through its website and social media platforms.
- Design, develop and circulate MSF UAE’s online publications in collaboration with the Editor of Publications.
- Manage the MSF UAE web-pages including timely uploading of content and managing functionality.
- Manage the technical aspects of MSF UAE’s Arabic social media platforms.
- In collaboration with the Communications and Marketing Manager, coordinate the migration of the MSF UAE Arabic/English website to a new CMS.
- Design fundraising and communications emails and manage distributions.
- Manage MSF UAE’s online databases.
- Implement search engine optimization strategies, and promote the MSF UAE Arabic-English website.
Reporting and coordination:
- Compile a monthly report detailing MSF UAE’s online activity, offer analysis on positive and negative trends and propose possible improvements in relation to organisational objectives, fundraising, communication and brand awareness.
- Network and collaborate with MSF colleagues internationally regarding online communication, website development, and social media
- Use of social media monitoring tools (e.g. Meltwater) and then analyse and present clear results
- Minimum of three years of experience in similar position
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic, with excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Online marketing experience
- Experience managing social media profiles
- A flexible attitude with proven experience of working in a small team
- Proven experience using content management system including Drupal.
- Experience with Drupal and PHP
- Experience with SEO and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities and duties. Accordingly, the responsibilities and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this Job Description and the other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job due to the organizational and operational needs.
Please submit your cover letter and updated CV before 15/08/2015 to email@example.com, noting your NAME with VACSMO-815 in the subject field.
Kindly note only short-listed applicants will be contacted after the submission deadline.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. When MSF witnesses serious acts of violence, neglected crises, or obstructions to its activities, the organisation may speak out about this.
For further information please visit www.msf-me.org