Sharepoint Trainer/Help Desk
Contract: Fixed-term 4 months - Full-time position
Reporting to: Tukul (MSF Intranet) Manager
Application deadline: 4 March 2016
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF movement, and implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
The International Office (IO) Management Team has identified a need for a common information repository dedicated to the needs of the IO. SharePoint online has been selected as the tool that must produce the following outcomes:
- Provide a unique repository for all IO documents.
- Provide an IO wide communication channel.
- Support straightforward communication with the entire MSF movement
- Enable the creation of virtual collaborative spaces where information can be shared in the context of operational processes.
- Collaborative workspaces must have the potential to support business processes and not only be document libraries.
The new SharePoint intranet should be deployed beginning of March 2016 and the initial roll-out phase will last until June 2016.
The deployment will be done in two phases. Phase one focuses on the IO common structures, while the second phase will focus on the departments’ needs.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITIONS
The SharePoint Trainer will provide support and ad-hoc training to SharePoint users and assist with the resolution of Priority IT Service Desk support calls.
The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- to provide support to the SharePoint project and form part of the training delivery, working closely with the Tukul manager;
- to support and advise users in their day-to-day use of Microsoft SharePoint – providing one to one or group training when necessary;
- to work with the project team to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan;
- to define the communication strategy and pro-actively support the project manager in his communication plan.
The Trainer will:
- Assist with the resolution of any problems during the roll-out
- Provide advanced coaching for power users
- Prepare all relevant documentation and training materials for the training sessions
- Deliver training sessions to all staff in MSF-IO offices (mainly Geneva and Brussels)
- Liaise with IT staff at MSF section to resolve issues regarding SharePoint.
- Participate in team meetings and project management reviews.
- Maintain a first class level of support service ensuring that all users are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Undertake any other tasks as required without altering the nature or level of responsibility.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF
- IT skills including Microsoft Office Applications
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Complete fluency in written and oral English
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to discuss technical requirements with a wide range of non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Good decision making capabilities
- Self-motivated, proactive, flexible and an effective organiser
- Good team worker, but, at times, also able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to travel internationally
- Knowledge of and/or previous experience with MSF or another international non-profit organisation
- Good written and oral French language
Starting date: March 2016 or as soon as possible
Contract: 4 months fixed-term contract 100%
Deadline for applications: 4 March 2016
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOfirstname.lastname@example.org stating “SharePoint trainer” in the title.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.