Senior Change Manager Symphony Program
Position:Senior Change Manager
Starting date: ASAP
Deadline for applications: 24th September 2017
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together (the Movement). Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
MSF is embarking on a global HRIS project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 24 MSF recruitment offices. In the preliminary phase of the project, a feasibility study was carried out, functional and technical requirements defined and a HRIS solution identified. The project is now entering the implementation phase aiming at realizing the solution with SAP HCM / e rec and deploying it in the MSF offices and is enlarging the project team to carry out this international project.
The Senior Change Manager will be in charge of facilitating the change management related to convergence towards one HRIS system in the movement in order to facilitate the acceptance of the project and ensure that the project answers to MSF needs. You will be apprising and implementing change management plans that minimize resistance and maximize engagement from both senior management and end users.
You will be part of a collaborative team, based in diverse MSF offices in the world, and you will be working in a cross-cultural environment in close collaboration with the communication manager.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
Inside the MSF International Office you will be a member of the Symphony Program
Team, you can be either based in Paris, Barcelona or in another MSF Hub location and you will report directly to the Symphony Program Manager. You will be managing the change management team composed of a change manager and a communication manager. You will need to actively interact with MSF end users and managers in all MSF sections.
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Being a key member of our Symphony project team, you will focus on helping to deliver SAP HCM and e-Rec to all MSF sections, by supporting the sections in managing the transition of organizational change arising from the project, helping to overcome resistances, encouraging and empowering users to work with the new tool, and gathering the sponsors support needed to the success of the project.
The senior manager will be in charge of defining/adapting the change and communication strategy.
- Apply a structured methodology, support and coordinate change management activities within the sections.
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Integrate change management activities into project plan
- Support the program manager in managing the relation with program sponsors and stakeholders.
- Work in close collaboration with the process owner and the communication manager to make Symphony processes more understandable to the different stakeholders
- Prepare HR department and end-users to the changes that Symphony implies in MSF HR processes
- Engage with stakeholders within all organizational levels, building trust and gaining credibility to the achievement of projects stakes.
- Create a sponsor roadmap and a coaching plan.
- Minimize resistance and maximized engagement from senior and middle management as well as end users.
Coaching and Support
- Reinforce senior leadership and middle management talents to lead change processes by being an active and visible coach for senior and functional leadership.
- Support the project team addressing change management by providing advice and tools.
- Structurally analyses risk, propose and implement mitigation measures.
- Identify, analyze and prepare mitigation tactics for risk
- Adjust priorities, tasks and resources according to the risk analysis to ensure the change management and communications plan are continues appraised.
V. PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies;
- Expertise with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project Life-cycle.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Proven and significant experience with MSF in Human Resources (headquarter and field)
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures and set priorities and to meet deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to participate in the planning and coordinating of a project or project component with tasks, timelines, resources and budget
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skill
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Capacity to work alone and as part of a multicultural team
- Strong team player with the ability and interpersonal skills work in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to work remotely
- Energetic, positive and open approach.
- Able to travel internationally
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Visio, Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Fluency in English, written and spoken, French and or Spanish would be an advantage.
You are a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are comfortable interfacing with our MSF management on a daily basis as this role requires daily interaction with our internal Stakeholders at many levels.
Strong written and verbal communication in English and in French, presentation and diplomacy skills, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a genuine interest in, understanding of, and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF.
Strong work ethic coupled with strong analytical and problem solving skills, demonstrated history of successful Change Management IS project implementation within large and complex companies. Willingness to travel (50%) to meet MSF internal client needs.
Starting date: ASAP
Contract: 18 months
Location: Paris or Barcelona preferable or MSF Hub (Geneva, Amsterdam, and Brussels)
Deadline for applications:24th September 2017
Candidates must already have the right to work in Switzerland or hold an European passport.
Regulations in Geneva require candidates to be working towards a degree in a relevant field or to have completed studies less than 12 months ago.
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOfirstname.lastname@example.org stating “Senior Change Manager Symphony” in the title.
Please submit only one file containing your CV and cover letter and name the file with your family name.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted -