SAP HR/HCM – Support & Release Coordinator Symphony Program
Title: SAP HR / HCM – Support & Release Coordinator
Location: MSF Hub - Paris, Barcelona
Duration: Initial 18 months with a fixed to permanent option
Starting date: As soon as possible
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together (the Movement). Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
MSF is embarking on a global SAP HRIS project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 24 MSF recruitment offices.
In the preliminary phase of the project, a feasibility study was carried out, functional and technical requirements defined and a HRIS solution identified. The project is now in the implementation phase aiming at realizing the solution with SAP HCM / e-rec and deploying it in the MSF offices and is enlarging the project team to carry out this international project.
Whilst working within the functional stream, the Support & Release Coordinator will oversee and coordinate a team of 3 Functional Support team members, acting as a Single Point of Contact between Global Symphony Team and the other Local MSF project and support roll-out’s across the 24 MSF offices. The Release & Support Coordinator will be responsible for Application Maintenance & Service Delivery, Configuration & Demand Management, Planning & Release Management and Service Validation for Testing on time and budget. This is a challenging position within a stimulating environment in a major international organization.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
Inside the MSF International Office you will be a member of the Symphony Program Team, you can be either based in Barcelona, Paris and you will report to the Symphony Functional Lead. You will be responsible for all Release & Support aspects within the project. You will need to actively interact with all other MSF Functional Team members (Testing and Training team) and coordinate a team of 3 Functional Support team members working across different time zones (AMER, EMEA, APAC).
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
MSF is embarking on a global HRIS project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 24 MSF recruitment offices. The selected global HRIS platform is SAP HR/HCM with e-Rec.
Being a key member of our Symphony functional team means you will focus on helping to deliver a proper Release and Service Delivery strategy of SAP HCM and e-Rec with existing MSF systems. You will help MSF by analysing and coordinating local Change Request requirements and Global Template design within the Symphony SAP HCM landscape with a vision to the future by delivering efficiency-based solutions.
Application Maintenance & Service Delivery Management: Ensure alignment between Global & Local HR-IT delivered processes; Coordinate Service Delivery Management (Incident, Problem & Change) and Service Delivery Metrics (SLA’s); Development of support processes and procedures for the set-up of a Global Support organization together with the local counterparts within each local support organization. Manage Transactional Data update, acting as a Local SuperUser during the Transition period before all sections and OC’s are live in Symphony so that all cross-admin processes can take place between Contracting and Managing office while not all of them are live in the system.
Configuration & Demand Management: Change Request and Operational Readiness, assisting version & built of the system during application roll-out for future enhancements & integrations planned for Change Requests coming from both support and project phase different local MSF recruitment offices & sections.
Planning & Release Management: Act as a focal point for planning & Release Management within application portfolio, planning releases and configuration changes; Coordinate & collaborate with service providers/consulting development teams on release schedule for SAP HCM/e-Rec that support multiple project deliverables, helping to identify & investigate release show stoppers across development & testing teams.
Service Validation for Testing: Support Testing Manager in planning regression testing according to defined Symphony Implementation Roadmap and different releases planned, liaising with third party providers.
People Management: effectively coordinate with other Functional Team members & motivate their own Functional Support team.
V. MAIN TASKS
- Plan and coordinate the Release Management for the different version releases planned for the Symphony Roadmap, together with the new Change request coming from Fit-Gap Analysis Roll-Outs and Support local needs
- Prepare and Design the Release Management Strategy together with Functional Lead
- Work with the external supplier together with Functional Testing and Training Manager to ensure on time delivery
- Support in the harmonization of HR processes in scope for the Symphony program during the different roll-outs
- Work with local HR-IT support contacts to analyse and set-up the Global Support structure, processes & procedures: Global Master Data Maintenance & Governance
- Support Test and Training Managers on processes with his/her knowledge
- Will act as back up for other functional stream activities in case of emergency
- Support and Coordinate Service Delivery Management and SLA’s (Incident, Problem and Change Management);
- Coordination of a team of 3 Functional Support team members working remotely across different time zones (EMEA, APAC, AMERICAS)
Qualifications and work experience
- 3 to 5 years SAP HR experience both working in implementation & support phases with at least 2 full cycles implementation;
- Knowledge of HR processes and how SAP HCM/E-Recruitment can support them from a Global Template approach in a decentralized Governance environment;
- Experience in coordinating remote teams working across different time zones
- Significant Release and Change Management experience within a single client Global SAP landscape;
- Knowledge and good understanding of all phases of development and deployment software lifecycle;
- Experience in post go-live support and after care for post-implementations;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English; French and Spanish are considered a plus;
- Flexible, can occasionally work outside standard working hours to meet other time zones needs;
- Willing to perform quick business trip on major MSF office locations.
- Experience in working with third party Systems Integrators;
- Experience working with off-shore and on-shore resources;
- Experience of large international Global Template HR-IT programs;
- Application landscape knowledge and experience for SAP HCM transports management;
- Good knowledge of software Quality and Service Management – ITLT Foundation;
- Multitasking and experience in Problem and Incident Management and SLA’s set-up;
- Dynamic and self-motivated, handle work stress;
- Experience of working internationally across different cultures as well as within cross-location teams ;
- Presentation and listening skills.
Starting date: As soon as possible thereafter
Contract: Fixed term – 18 months
Location: MSF Hub – Paris, Barcelona.
Deadline for applications: September 13th, 2017
Candidates must have the right to work in Europe
Please submit all applications only by email to:
IOfirstname.lastname@example.org stating “SAP HR/HCM– Support & Release Coordinator” in the title.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
-Only short-listed candidates will be contacted-