SAP HR/HCM Data Migration Manager Symphony Program
Title: SAP HR/HCM Data Migration Manager
Location: Fixed term - 18 months - Full time contract
Starting date: As soon as possible
Deadline for applications: 3 September 2017
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together (the Movement). Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
MSF is embarking on a global HRIS project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 24 MSF recruitment offices.
In the preliminary phase of the project, a feasibility study was carried out, functional and technical requirements defined and a HRIS solution identified. The project is now entering the implementation phase aiming at realizing the solution with SAP HCM / e rec and deploying it in the MSF offices and is enlarging the project team to carry out this international project.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
Whilst working within the Technical stream and reporting to the Symphony Technical Lead, the Data Migration Manager will lead a team of data conversion analysts with the responsibility to gather, aggregate and build all the relevant data to be migrated by various legacy systems into Symphony (SAP HR) in accordance with MSF policies and in respect of the Data Privacy rules and regulations. The Data Migration Manager will define strong data migration processes and timeline, work closely with local IT and HR responsible to ensure quality and on time delivery. This is a challenging position within a stimulating environment in a major international organization.
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
MSF is embarking on a global HRIS project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 24 MSF recruitment offices. The selected global HRIS platform
is SAP HR/HCM with e-Rec. Data management is a key success factors both in the implementation phase as well as in the future maintenance of the system and therefore requires a full time position within the team.
The Data Migration Manager is expected to define and improve the data migration process, select the right tools and conversion procedures, maintain strong relationships with all players in the project, coordinate the Symphony data conversion analysts with the local data migration team.
V. MAIN TASKS
- Manage the Data Conversion Analysts team
- Deployment and ownership of Data Privacy policies
- Drive and improve the data migration procedures
- Helps the team in defining local data requirements
- Ensure delivery of high quality documentation by the team
- Work with the external suppliers to retrieve data on time in the right format
- Work with Local IT managers to have the proper technical resources in place
- In coordination with an external data advisor, be the gatekeeper and ensure implementation of all country specifics rules regarding data privacy and data protection.
- Be updated and share with the project Data Privacy guidelines and rules in accordance with changes on the laws and regulations
Other Tasks and responsibilities
- Finalize and contribute to the setup of SAP HR master data organization within MSF
- Define the best tools and practices to be used in the various Data Migrations
- Overall responsible for the team data delivery
- Perform initial Data Quality Assessment
- Provide guidance and support for complex migration cases
- Interacts with Functional Stream to define new requisites due fit-gap and CR
- Global Data Model Owner
- Support local sections on legacy data that will not be migrated (archiving)
- Coordinate data load cycles
- Review existing ETL technologies and provide recommendations for improving migration process
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Data Migration Manager, with international projects exposure, who is familiar with SAP HR / HCM and eager to jump in to the new role.
Qualifications and work experience
- 5+ years SAP HR experience
- Proven team leadership and team management skills
- Deep knowledge of SAP PA, OM and e-Rec data models
- Expertise in SAP data migration within multinational projects
- Experience on data validation procedures
- Knowledge and experience of data privacy
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English; French, Spanish and any other language are considered a plus.
- Genuine interest in, understanding of and commitment to the humanitarian principles, social mission, operations, and challenges of MSF
- Experience of working with external suppliers
- Experience working with off-shore and on-shore resources
- Experience of large IT and HR change programs
- Experience in dealing with complex, multi-platform environments
- Working in a diverse and multi-cultural environment
- Presentation and listening skills
- Flexible, can occasionally work outside standard working hours to meet other time zones needs
- Willing to perform quick business trip on major MSF office locations
Starting date: As soon as possible thereafter
Contract: Full time contract
Location: MSF Barcelona
Candidate must already have the right to work in Europe or hold European passport
Deadline for applications: 3 September
Please submit all applications only by email to:
IOfirstname.lastname@example.org stating “SAP HR/HCM– Data Migration Manager” in the title.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in
ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
-Only short-listed candidates will be contacted-