Project Management Officer, Symphony Program
Location: Geneva, Barcelona or Paris
Candidates must already have the right to work in Europe or hold a European passport.
Duration: Fixed term contract – Full time 100%
Starting date: April 2017
Deadline for applications: 27 March 2017
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together (the Movement). Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
MSF is embarking on a global HRIS project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 24 MSF recruitment offices.
In the preliminary phase of the project, a feasibility study was carried out, functional and technical requirements defined and a HRIS solution identified. The project is now entering the implementation phase aiming at realizing the solution with SAP HCM / E Recruitment and deploying it in the 24 MSF offices and is enlarging the project team to carry out this international project.
This is an exciting and challenging position within a stimulating environment in a major international organization. The role will be supported in all its tasks by the Program team members.
PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
Inside the MSF International Office, you will be a member of the Symphony Program Team and you will report directly to the Symphony Program Manager. You will actively interact with all MSF HR and IT actors in all sections.
The Project Management Officer is responsible for ensuring the execution of administrative activities and provides support in the management of the program. She/He assists the program manager in optimizing the management of his activity from a relational, organizational and administrative point of view.
Key areas of responsibilities
Support to Project Management
- Keep a global overview of projects: overall planning and requirements from stakeholders
- Advise to project manager in terms of Project Manager good practice
- Ensuring that minimum standards of project management are implemented (clear objectives, KPIs, planning, reporting)
- Maintain and communicate the project plans
- Propose project management tools and ensure project teams are making the best use of it
- Ensure that the decisions are documented through minutes of the platforms and meetings and update the decisions and action logs
- Maintain the projects files (project documentation, meeting minutes, status reports, third party contract and other relevant documentation as appropriate)
- Coordinate content update of the project’s
- Coordinate the maintenance of the intranet, in collaboration with the relevant platforms/projects focal points
- Act as secretariat for the project manager and the Scientific and steering committee platform, prepare/distribute the agendas, attend meetings, preparing/distributing clear meeting minutes and follow-up on actions taken.
Budget and administrative management
- Follow-up the budget on a monthly basis, tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices has been approved.
- Administrative follow up of the resources of the project (third party contracts, administrative follow-up of the staff)
- Facilitate team organisation through logistic support (book meetings, organise calls)
- Support the projects manager in developing impactful presentations and project communication documentations
- 3-5 years’ work-experience in a similar position, involving a great variety of stakeholders
- Good knowledge of project management tools and methodologies. Knowledge of Microsoft Project and or any other Project piloting tools
- Genuine interest in, understanding of, and commitment to; the humanitarian principles, social mission, operations and challenges of MSF;
- Strong planning and organising skills, ability to see the big picture
- Pragmatic and searching for solutions
- Good proficiency in English (written and oral) is mandatory.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to handle work in multicultural and virtual teams.
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic HR and HR transformation is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of MSF is a plus
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable interfacing with our MSF management on a daily basis as interaction with our internal Stakeholders at many levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English and in French
- Presentation and diplomacy skills, client service and technical writing skills
- Demonstrated teamwork collaboration in a professional setting with experience leading remote teams, Stakeholder management skills and demonstrates characteristics of a forward thinker and self-starter that thrives on new challenges and adapts quickly to complex structure.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders at different levels of the organization;
- Willingness to travel (50%) to meet MSF internal client needs.
Starting date: As soon as possible thereafter
Contract: Full time 100% - Fixed term contract
Location: Geneva, Barcelona or Paris. Candidates must already have the right to work in Switzerland or hold a European passport
Deadline for applications: 27 March 2017
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOfirstname.lastname@example.org stating “Project Management Officer PMO” in the title.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.