Past vacancy: Programme Manager, HR Processes & Systems
Médecins Sans Frontières International
Programme Manager HR Processes & Systems
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 19 sections, 23 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
MSF is embarking on a global project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 24 MSF recruitment offices.
In the preliminary phase of the project, a feasibility study was carried out, functional and technical requirements defined and an (existing) HRIS solution identified. The project is now entering the implementation phase aiming at realizing the solution and deploying it in the MSF offices and is enlarging the project team to carry out this international project.
Whilst working with a small team, the Programme Manager will devise and lead the international HR project for the design of HR processes and is responsible for ensuring the adaptation of the selected system and roll out across the 24 MSF offices in full compliance with requirements and newly reviewed processes. The programme manager will be overall responsible for achievement of the deliverables within time and budget. This is a challenging position within a stimulating environment in a major international organization.
III. PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate who has solid experience in leading and managing complex and strategic IT and process projects in an international setting. You will have at least two years experience as a project team leader and a minimum of 4 years in project management backed up by project management certification. You will be required to have a good understanding and experience of HR transformation and process integration. You will have strong stakeholder management skills as well as a service oriented attitude. Functioning in an international environment, an excellent command of English and an ability to travel are essential.
The main tasks and responsibilities are:
• Managing the global project plan for the roll out of the HR processes, ensuring that program deliverables and outcomes are implemented on-time, on-budget
• Managing the design and implementation of the ADP/HR.Net system
• Coordinating design and implementation activities with third party implementation partners
• Facilitating and support change management activities in each entity participating in the project and manage the expectations of the stakeholders
• Issue management, risk management, and reporting process for the project
• Ensuring best practices as well as acquired knowledge in MSF sections are included in the model by maximizing benefits
• Managing project team organisation and structure, designs development phasing, testing and deployment plans
• Managing overall communication and reporting plan with stakeholders and end users
• Establishing and monitoring compliance with standards for documentation, data, training, systems architecture definition
• Providing day to day administrative and functional direction to the project team
• Ensuring and promoting the liaison and coordination with other concurrent projects in MSF, when relevant for the project scope and MSF needs
• Report regularly to the programme board the status of the project
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex international IT & process projects
• Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget
• Strong communication and diplomacy skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships at different levels of the organisation
• Service oriented
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results in an international and multi-cultural environment
• Experience as a Team Leader (>2 years)
• Experience in Project Management in complex organizations and / or multi-project management experience (at least one complete project; 4-5 years)
• Significant experience of HR transformation and general understanding of process integration
• Experience in process improvement and/or integrated systems implementation
• Practical knowledge of process management and definition methodologies
• Knowledge of integrated information systems, in particular of HR processes and data warehouses
• Ability to travel internationally
• English: high command
• In depth skills in the use of project management IT tools
• French and / or Spanish
• University degree or equivalent qualification
• Project management certification (PMBOK, Prince2….)
Contract: Full time appointment (based on a 40-hours work week) for 2 years
Location: Preferably based in Brussels but other European locations can be considered.
Salary: Gross salary & benefits will be determined based on the salary grid & benefits of the MSF office where the employee will be based.
MSF salaries levels are based on NGO/public sector or similar markets.
Deadline for applications: 28 February 2012
If you are interested in this position and believe that you fit the profile and meet the requirements, please submit your letter of application and curriculum vitae in English only by email to:
email@example.com for the attention of Ms Amanda van Hoorn indicating “Progamme Manager HR Processes and Systems” in the subject line.
Acquisitions regarding this position are not appreciated.