Messaging Harmonization Project Officer
Duration: 12 month contract; Full-time position
Reporting to: Messaging Harmonization Project Manager
Application deadline: 11 December 2015
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations, and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
The Project Officer assists in project management tasks and ensures that project is well documented from a project management point of view. The Project Officer will assist in the coordination of architecture and technical decisions, but will mostly have a key participation in the preparation for rollout, training, and deployment of the Microsoft O365 Outlook solution in MSF offices worldwide.
PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Project Officer supports the Messaging Harmonization Project Manager on a day-to-day basis. The Project Officer will interact with a variety of people in different roles: clients, Steering Committee members, technical partners, etc.
Analysis and Implementation
- Liaise with and support coordination of functional and technical deliverables and policies.
- Facilitation of design and implementation meetings, workshops, etc.
- Preparation and delivery of key input on findings, recommendations and actions to various project governance bodies.
- Documentation and distribution of minutes and action items from key meetings
- Conduct ad hoc analysis as required.
Coordination & Administration
- Take ownership of dedicated project management activities
- Support the PM in implementing and maintaining adequate procedures and tools for ongoing monitoring and tracking of project progress, acceptance and quality assurance of project deliverables and provide required reporting.
Change and Deployment Management
- Perform change management and successful transition arising from the project
- Integrate change management activities into the overall project plan, demonstrating a structured approach
- Prepare all communication and training materials required during migration and for go-live, plus actively supporting the project manager in his communication plan.
- Support the project manager for the planning and execution of deployments and other rollout activities, such as: training, site preparation, site survey, acceptance, etc.
Qualifications and experience required:
- General interest in, and commitment to, the humanitarian principles of MSF
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Management or related field is required.
- 1 to 3 years of IT and business work experience. Experience and exposure to global deployments is a plus.
- Familiar with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project life-cycle.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies
- Excellent skills in tracking projects and ability to prioritize appropriately
- Demonstrates experience deploying IT solutions
- Exceptional organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Strong ability to develop contacts and to work under pressure and independently
- Excellent interpersonal, team working and networking skills
- Dynamic, self driven, problem-solving, team member
- Outlook experience (preferred).
- Excellent communications skills including fluent written and spoken English; French an advantage.
Other skills and requirements:
- Dynamic and eager to learn
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent time management with the ability to deliver against tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel (15%)
- Swiss citizen or B/C/G permit holder
Starting date: January 2016 or as soon as possible
Contract: 12 month contract 100%
Deadline for applications: 11 December 2015
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOfirstname.lastname@example.org stating “Project Officer” in the title.
Please submit both your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.