Title: Messaging Architect
Location: Geneva preferred (Amsterdam, Barcelona, Brussels or Paris considered)
Duration: 12 month contract. Full-time position
Reporting to: Messaging Harmonization Project Manager
- MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
- POSITION BACKGROUND
The Messaging Architect provides technology architecture expertise for the messaging harmonization project that aims to harmonize across the MSF movement the messaging systems in use by migrating to Microsoft O365.
This position will provide technical expertise but also to lead the whole technical stream of this implementation, supervising final architecture design, the performance stream, and migration protocol, as well as guiding pilot and final implementations.
- PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Messaging Architect works very closely with the project team and the selected partner and reports to the Messaging Harmonization Project Manager.
- OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Under the responsibility of the Messaging Project Manager, the Messaging Architect will lead the architecture and the build of the messaging systems MSF-wide, migrating mainly from Lotus Notes and MS Exchange, to Microsoft O365 in the cloud. S/he will be in charge of
- Designing a large enterprise-level (with the support of an external partner and internal technical resources) solution based upon technical, application and business requirements
- Defining and validating the technical requirements of the target platform
- Supporting evaluation of the impact at the section level of the migration to O365
- Providing advanced level guidance on IT issues relating to Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services and Exchange Online / O365, ID management
- Providing expert level advice on maintaining the AD/Messaging infrastructure to support Exchange
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the technical workstream of the migration:
- In collaboration with the selected partner provide guidance and expertise on the various topics of the technical workstream (architecture, performance, migration protocol, impact analysis…)
- Support sections Infrastructure team in the section impact analysis
- Provide expertise on Microsoft O365:
- Work in close collaboration with the representative of the internal technical team on the finalization of the global messaging architecture
- Lead and deliver the global migration plan and protocol
- Provide advice on running the migration for international implementation
- Coordinate the partner technical team and section IT representatives:
- Ensure collaborative cooperation and good communication with both the partner technical team and the MSF sections’ IT representatives
- Arbitrate and make recommendations in the event of technical deviation from the global protocol
- Secure strong knowledge transfer at section to ensure full adoption of the new environment
- Lead subsequent related project initiatives from a technical point of view:
- Make recommendation regarding Identity Management
- Lead technical requirements analysis for Unified Communication
- PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, motivated and enthusiastic candidate who has solid experience in designing messaging platforms and guiding Exchange migrations. The candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience as a technical architect with a demonstrated background in Office 365, Exchange, and Active Directory solutions.
The role requires an experienced IT architect, with strong experience in working in a largely decentralized decision process and possessing strong autonomy and communication skills.
- Senior level experience and knowledge on Microsoft Windows Server , Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services and Exchange 2007/2010 (2013 is nice too) and a strong understanding, preferably hands on experience with, Office 365 / Exchange online / Exchange Hybrid environments
- A proven ability to identify problems affecting messaging systems performance, efficiency, and availability in a timely manner
- Extensive experience administering, monitoring and troubleshooting complex messaging environments
- Capacity planning, disaster recovery, performance tuning and testing, logical and physical architecture design
- Knowledge to develop and execute complex deployment scenarios
- Environmental changes – consolidation, platform upgrades, and divestitures of Exchange and Active Directory platforms
- Service oriented
- Result oriented
- Migrations from Lotus Notes to Exchange and/or Office 365
- Migrations from old Exchange to Exchange 2013 and Office365
- Knowledge of MS security (Patch Management)
- Experience in end to end management of large messaging migration project in an international environment from a technical perspective
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Masters or Bachelor degree in computer science or related field
- Fluent English is required and French speaking would be a plus
- Ability to travel (20%)
Starting date: January 2016 or as soon as possible
Contract: 12 month contract 100%
Location: Preferred Geneva (Amsterdam, Barcelona, Brussels or Paris considered)
Deadline for applications: 10 November 2015
Please submit all applications only by email to:
IOemail@example.com stating “Messaging Architect” in the title.
Please submit both your CV and cover letter in
ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
-Only short-listed candidates will be contacted-