Medical Epidemiologist - Geneva
MSF Operational Center Geneva (OCG) Innovation Unit is looking for a Medical Epidemiologist
Development and implementation of the projects run by 2IM.
The scope of work will focus initially on the development of protocols and investigative tools for the implementation of ALMANACH. ALMANACH is an electronic clinical decision support system for the management of acute conditions in children under-5 years of age, running on android mobile device that aims to assist clinicians in the management of childhood illnesses in primary health care facilities.
The Medical Epidemiologist will assist the project manager of ALMANACH in the following duties:
- Development of tools and research protocols for the validation, the safety evaluation, the assessment of the outcomes and of the impact of ALMANACH on the quality of care
- Development of the tools for data collection tools
- Supervise the field introduction of Almanach during the feasibility studies
- Conduct qualitative assessment of the endpoint users experience during the feasibility studies
- Data analysis and facilitation of the integration of the data generated by Almanach to the OCG Health Information System
- Propose solutions to overcome barriers implementation
- Field Development of new ALMANACH algorithms which can be used in other MSF context, for other clinical condition or other client population
- Preparation of the research and strategic meetings with OCG staff and external partners
- Prepare scientific dissemination of the results (conference, scientific publication)
- Represent 2 IM in meetings and training workshops related to ALMANACH
Education and experience
- Medical Degree is a mandatory
- Fluent in French and English
- Experience in epidemiology
- Experience in health related project implementation, monitoring & evaluation
- Computer skills is an added value.
- Experience with MSF or other relief organizations, with clinical practice
- Short-term contract (6 months, renewable max. 1 year)
- Full-time position, based in Geneva.
- Ideal starting date: 1st February, 2015
Please send by email only your cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com, stating "Medical Epidemiologist 2015" in the subject line.
The application deadline is 26 January 2015 (included).
The applications will be treated confidentially.
REPLIES WILL ONLY BE SENT TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES.