ITC Logistics Energy Officer
Position: ITC Logistics Energy Officer - Support the clean-up of the logistical article database regarding energy-related articles.
Contract: 3 months at 100% or 4 months at 80%
Starting date: May 2017
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 19 sections, 23 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
The position of the ITC logistics Energy Officer is a temporary position at the ITC in Amsterdam, to support the process of the clean-up of the logistical descriptions of Energy-related articles in UniData.
In May 2016 the organization-wide article master database UniData went live. Before that, the logistical product database needed to be cleaned up, and codification rules for codes and labels to be determined. ITC is responsible for the creation and description of the codification rules as well as the application of those rules to a cleaned-up database of standard articles.
The articles related to energy in the master-data are around 1800. About 150 articles have been identified as priority for which an additional article description (either in the form of a technical sheet, either an FFF) would be helpful to the field. At this moment only 300 descriptions exist (of which not all have been validated yet) for energy related articles.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
- The ITC Logistics Energy Officer is part of the ITC team of MSF International.
- He/she reports to the ITC Logistics referent Marjolein Doorewaard who has a functional line to the International Logistics Coordinator Olaf Pots.
- He/she works closely with ITC team and International Technical Coordinator Vinciane Cruyt, the international working group members (ITWG) and possibly the different European supply centre referents (ESC referents).
The International Technical Coordinator leads the ITC team.
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The purpose of the position of ITC logistics energy officer is to have valid article descriptions for all energy-related articles that were identified as needing one
Writing new descriptions/FFF for energy-related articles
Revise the codes and labels of the energy articles
Improve the quality of the articles by follow-up exchanges/discussions
V. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Descriptions for energy-related articles
- Familiarize with the existing descriptions and the guidelines on how to write them
- Review the existing valid descriptions and propose improvements
- Review the existing draft descriptions, edit those if needed
- Create new descriptions for articles that don’t have them yet, prioritizing (standard) articles that were identified of needing a description
- Collaborate on these tasks with members of the Energy iTWG or ESC specialists on the descriptions and on the validation of these descriptions in UniData
- Follow-up on questions and feedbacks related to descriptions for energy-related articles
- Add relevant information that doesn't fit or belong in the label in the FFF description.
- Enter relations between articles in UniData.
2. Codification rules for remaining groups of energy-related articles
- Familiarize with the proposed label writing rules.
- Review the proposed set of rules for codification. Propose if needed enhancement on rules to improve the final result. Set-up new draft rules for missing groups of articles.
- Enter these rules in UniData including related label blocks in the code & label generator.
- Apply these rules to articles (outside Unidata, f.e. in Excel), prioritizing standard articles
- Apply the label writing rules to these articles in English and French
- Share the proposed new codes and labels with the iWG and the ESC specialist for review before adapting them in UniData
- Make sure codes and labels of energy-related articles correspond with those in the attached descriptions of these articles
3. Contribute in other parts of the clean-up process for the Codification Project in collaboration with the ITC Logistic referent.
Other tasks might be:
- Participate in discussions and possible resulting workload related to the clean-up process of energy-related articles.
- Follow-up on outstanding feedback remarks in UniData.
- Follow-up on data quality checks and make the necessary changes in UniData.
- Follow-up of other tasks requested by the ITC Logistical Referent and/or the Codification Project Coordinator.
VI. PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications and work experience
- Technical background and trained as a logistician or electrician for MSF.
- At least 2 years working experience as a logistician or electrician in MSF in the field.
- Work experience in one of the OCs or supply centers is an asset.
- Computer skills are essential.
- Oral and written fluency in both English and French
- Technical writing capacities
Deadline for applications: 10 May 2017
Please submit all applications only by email to:
IOemail@example.com stating “ITC Logistics Energy Officer” in the file
Please submit only ONE file containing your CV and cover letter and name the file with your last name only
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted