ITC Logistics Assistant Support to keep the logistical article database conform the codification rules
Title: ITC Logistics Assistant
Location: MSF office Amsterdam
Contract: Fixed-term, full-time or 80%
Duration: 5 months
Starting date: August 2017
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
The International Technical Coordination was created to maintain consistency in the choice of medical and non-medical articles between MSF sections in order to improve MSF interventions, while taking into account field realities. Proposed and developed by the logistics and medical departments, ITC was officially recognised at International level in 1994 and integrated into MSF International in 2006. The role of ITC is to coordinate decisions taken, to inform and advise decisional bodies but it is not responsible for taking decisions.
In 2016 a new central article database, called UniData, was implemented. This database contains all the article codes created in the MSF world, avoiding duplication, improving the article descriptions and thus streamlining supply chain processes. UniData is connected with, and provides article information to, the downstream systems at field, regional, ESC and HQ level (e.g. UniField, Isystock, ESC and HQ ERP systems, etc.).
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
- The person reports to the ITC Logistics Referent.
- The person will be interacting with ITC logistics Officer, the European supply centre referents (ESC referents), the ITC team in Brussels and the international working group members.
The position of the ITC Logistics Assistant is a temporary position at the ITC in Amsterdam. The foreseen workload is until the end of the year 2017.
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The ITC Logistics team will consist of an Logistics Officer to act as a ‘1st line - single point of contact’, and a Logistics Data Steward to serve as ‘2nd line support’, to supervise, to follow up on complex issues and to steer the team.
In order to achieve this situation in 2017, the team is looking to temporarily hire an individual for an initial period until the end of the year in the position of Assistant Logistics, to take over certain tasks from the Logistics Officer while he designs, implements and road-tests the changes in processes needed to re-arrange the ITC Logistics team.
The Assistant Logistics will report to the Logistical Data Steward primarily. S/he will act as primary point of contact for ITC Logistics for the data owners in the ESCs and the OC referents. The Assistant Logistics will also provide 1st line support in UniData. Also the Assistant Logistics will assist the Logistical Data Steward with basic data modification through the ‘Backlog’ project when his/her primary tasks allow it.
V. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Single point of contact - Receive, flag, answer or distribute to appropriate persons the incoming:
- Feedback (in UniData)
- Other incoming requests for information/advice in the office or on the phone.
- 1st line support
- Checking, modifying new articles and descriptions, following rules and guidelines set by the Logistical Data Steward.
- Validate new articles and descriptions
- Modify existing articles and descriptions
- Communicate with stakeholders through the feedback system
- Ad-hoc support
- The ‘Backlog’ project may require basic data analysis, entry and modification in both Excel and Unidata, in support of the Logistical Data Steward, to prepare for the inclusion of the Master File into Unidata and to improve statistical indicators and reporting.
- The rearrangement of the ITC Logistics team may require testing of new features, interfaces and changes in the UniData system and its governance.
OBJECTIVES AGREED FOR THE NEXT PERIOD –> until the end of the year 2017
- Perform the abovementioned activities
- Flexibility to deal with possible changes in abovementioned tasks
VI. PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will be:
- Have some field experience in a logistic position
- a fast learner, quickly adapting: in order to work in a changing environment with changing interfaces
- customer oriented, resilient, good people skills: to deal with (re-)explaining rules, guidelines and governance to demanding stakeholders
- able to prioritise or multi-task (good time planning): according to the current situation
- concentrated, with an eye for detail: for data entry/modification in active master-data system
- Fluent in English and if possible in French
- Computer skills are essential
Starting date: August 2017
Contract: fixed-term at 100 per cent or 80 per cent
Duration: 5 months (probation 1 month)
Location: MSF international office, Amsterdam
Deadline for applications: 23rd July 2017
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOfirstname.lastname@example.org indicating
“ITC Logistics Assistant” in the title.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.