International Guidelines Webmaster, Paris
Title: International Guidelines Webmaster
Location: Paris, France
Contract: Fixed-term - one year full time
Reporting to: Guidelines project team leader (Jean Rigal) / International Medical Coordinator (Myriam Henkens)
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
International Guidelines Project
MSF has produced medical practice guidelines for more than 25 years. These guidelines are primarily based on MSF field experience and scientific evidence and most of them target non-specialized staff. Their objective is to disseminate adapted and specialized knowledge to teams working in the field who are not specialized in the subject matter.
Nowadays, there are 22 international MSF guidelines, 9 of which were selected for public distribution. Around 50 000 guides were distributed in 2014, 75% to external customers.
It has been decided to complement the guidelines offers with several digital versions to be available in the Internet but also in specific applications
For the digitalization of the Guidelines, MSF has developed a solution in Atlassian Confluence Wiki back-end and front-end solution combined with a dedicated native app for mobile devices.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The guidelines Webmaster will be part of the guidelines project team and work under the supervision of the guidelines project manager. The guidelines project team is under the responsibility of the international medical coordinator representing the medical director platform.
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Integrated in the International Guidelines Project team, with a full time employee contract, the webmaster will manage the International Guidelines Project (IGP) platform in Paris. The position is open for one year full time; an evaluation will take place after 9 months and the decision to continue full time or part time will be made based on expected work load and possible new projects.
V. MAIN RESPONSABILITIES
- Manage MSF Guidelines website environment (CMS, Front-end, Mobile App), including content inventory
- Upload content production
- First line management of internal and external requests
- Data integration from other MSF system information
- Design optimization of content
- UI and UX enhancement
- Basic infra maintenance and support tasks (assure continuity of service level, manage the external support and maintenance required)
- Debug issues that arise with the performance of the website.
- Provide information for the related budget definition, follow up and management to the guidelines project coordinator
Interaction with the team
- S/he builds, maintains effective collaboration and coordinates with the IGP Team
- S/he conducts training, guidance and support of web environment to the team
VI. PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
Education and experience
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in experience
- Experience in Web and/or Mobile App management
- Knowledge of and experience with design (UI, UX)
- Experiences with IT development in the edition domain are a plus
- Experience with Atlassian Cloud administration including: JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio, Bitbucket Bamboo, Service Desk desired
- Ability to understand the needs and constraints of MSF operations / Guidelines project
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, contexts, tasks, responsibilities and people
- Change management capacities
- Web design and sense of graphics
- Strong web design skills
- Good editorial sensibility
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, diplomatic, open-minded and listening skills
- Excellent pedagogical and communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness
- Autonomous, flexible and stress tolerance, ability to adapt quickly
- Team worker
- Language(s) required: Fluent English & French
Starting date: July 2017
Contract: Fixed term
Location: Paris, France
Deadline for applications: 25 June 2017
Please submit all applications only by email to IOfirstname.lastname@example.org stating “Guidelines Webmaster” in the title.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
-Only short-listed candidates will be contacted-