International Compensation & Benefits Coordinator
Title: International Compensation & Benefits Coordinator
Location: Geneva, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam or Barcelona
Duration: 11 months - Full-time position
Reporting to: International Human Resources Coordinator
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a leading international independent medical relief organisation, dedicated to providing expert medical relief to vulnerable populations at times of conflict or disaster. In over 80 countries worldwide, MSF provides both life-saving emergency relief and longer-term assistance to make basic healthcare services available to the most vulnerable or excluded communities.
MSF's aim is to provide impartial assistance, on the basis of need alone, regardless of ethnic origin, gender, creed or political affiliation. To maintain its independence from political interference, MSF relies on donations from individuals around the world for at least 50 percent of its income. This private funding gives MSF the freedom to respond to the greatest needs as fast as possible.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 19 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF movement, and implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
MSF recruits international field staff (expats) from 130 countries worldwide, working for five Operational Centres in 70 mission countries. Whilst international field staff are contracted in 18 different Contracting Sections (depending on their country of domicile) all are remunerated based on an internationally agreed compensation & benefits policy and framework. In 2014 MSF implemented a completely revised compensation and benefits policy known as “IRP-II”. The project included a new pay system, harmonized home and field benefits and specific packages targeted to build and retain talent most critically needed in the organization.
Following the implementation of IRP-II which started in mid 2014, MSF is now entering into a transition phase in which proper maintenance and monitoring of the new system needs to be set up. Furthermore some elements of the new policy still remain to be implemented. Whilst the first part of 2015 (maximum until September) will be focused on project management for the implementation of these remaining elements, the second half will prioritise the set up and execution of maintenance and monitoring.
MSF is creating this new position to accomplish these tasks which in turn should ensure consistency and coherence in the mid- to long-term perspective
Place in the organisation
The position reports hierarchically to the International HR-Coordinator and coordinates the international Compensation &Benefits (C&B) focal points.
The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Ensure finalisation of the implementation project “IRP-II” including:
- Implementation of extra measures as decided by ExCom (full loyalty, extended protection measures)
- Develop private pension fund for NCRs
- Communication of the new measures to the international staff and the MSF movement
- Finalise the Maintenance and Monitoring Strategy for MSF’s global compensation and benefits policy:
- Maintenance of the salary grids and per diems
- Consistent application of the scaling and function allocation towards the sections
- Consistency in the applications of the salary and field benefits guidelines towards the sections
- Create a yearly work-plan implementation, maintenance and monitoring (salary grids, scaling previous work experience, function allocation, per diems, special packages, flexibility envelope, exceptions, cross administration, IT)
- Ensure the execution of the workplan through coordination of:
- C&B focal points (OC level) (former working group)
- Technical project staff for specific assignmentsExternal consultants/providers (Mercer, Birches, Eurocost)
- Decision makers (IDRH, ExCom, FinDirs, RIODs)
- Liaise with other relevant workstreams (eg. cross administration)
- Support the C&B referents in each operational center in responding to questions related to international staff C&B policy
- Identify and keep track of issues arising in relation to new policies, develop solutions together with the C&B focal points, escalating when necessary for decision making to IDRH
- Prepare and develop the project evaluation and lessons learnt
- Ensure smooth and efficient communication both internally (in MSF HQ and field) and to Expats
- 3 years MSF experience
- Experience in HR, two years preferably in compensation & benefits.
- Excellent and proven project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and solution oriented
- Able to interact effectively at all levels in a complex organization through excellent communication, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Experience in working with and leading global, virtual teams
- Outstanding level of resilience, able to work in highly agile environment
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to gain buy-in and commitment from a range of people
- English: fluent, French: desirable.
- Able to travel internationally
Starting date: February 2015
Contract: 11 month contract - 100%
Location: MSF hub location
Deadline for applications: 5 January 2015
Please submit all applications only by email to:
IOfirstname.lastname@example.org stating “Intn Comp & Ben Coordinator” in the title.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
-Only short-listed candidates will be contacted-