International Association Online Administrator - Geneva
Duration: 2 years – 100%
Start date: February 2016 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Application date: 14 January 2016
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
The governance reform process of MSF, which started in 2009, led to some important changes in the international associative architecture of the MSF movement. New governing bodies, mechanisms and procedures took shape in 2011-2012 and continue to evolve with the work of the new International Board (IB) and standing committees, as well as International General Assembly (IGA) Representatives. These new bodies, and the new associations voted into the movement, are now in 2015 influencing the shape of associative elements within the movement.
The International Associative team is the core group of people carrying out the work on associative matters at a movement wide level. This small dynamic team within the IO is different from sectional or operational association teams in its broad international scope and responsibility for carrying out the work delegated by the highest governance bodies of the movement. Together with the IB, the IAC team is responsible for developing and carrying out an associative vision endorsed by the IGA and for guiding associations around the world in balancing international coherence with their unique associative identity. The team serves as a reference point for MSF’s associative history and dimension, and an animator of associative life. As such it reaches out to the whole movement.
III. OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The International Association Online Administrator supports online communications of the International Associative team directed to all MSF members, with a view to promoting the associative dimension of MSF. This position is responsible for the technical and administrative responsibilities of managing the International Association Website, collaborating with the IAC team to produce content for the website, managing the email@example.com account, acting as a resource for the movement for online webinars, supporting with translations of international documents, database management of the MWA membership and supporting with various other projects including communications related to the IGA.
The International Association Online Administrator reports hierarchically and functionally to the International Association Coordinator while working in close collaboration with other International Association Team members and the wider associative network of coordinators/officers and other members of the IO as required.
IV. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops online content together with the IAC and Asso Project and Comms Manager
- In close collaboration with the IAC and Associative Project and Communications Manager, contributes to the drafting and implementation of a communications action plan regarding (internal) communications to MSF (potential) members and MWA members
- Ensures regular updates from all sections of the international associative website, and organizes information to make it easily accessible, accurate and user-friendly
- Together with the IAC team, identifies engaging topics and produces compelling editorial and multimedia content (articles, interviews, special dossiers) for the international associative website in both French and English
- Updates accessible information about MSF associative dimension in different formats, including information packages for potential and new members
- Support to IAC team in fostering associative participation
- Promoting and managing discussions on the website forums
- Manages the international association team’s external email address
- Supports the preparation and follow-up of international associative meetings throughout the year, developing communications especially around the International General Assembly
- Manages online communications tools
- Supports the Association Project and Communications Manager in developing communications tools and content as necessary
- Ensures the daily management and maintenance of the international associative website, linking with developers for website maintenance and potential future developments
- Manages the online database of users, provides support to website users and exporting the database for offline use
- Organizes and provides technical support for webinars
- Gathers analytics for the international association website
- Organizes and updates information on internal communications platforms (Tukul, etc.) and supports association colleagues in using them
- MWA specific tasks
- Processes applications to the MWA and manages the membership database including the MWA Facebook group
- Produce reports on MWA membership and activities for the MWA Associative Standing Committee
- Works with the associative committee of the MWA to produce MWA updates (regular newsletters), organize events and engage members in discussions via animating online forums and Facebook group
VI. PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications and work experience
- Graduate with relevant degree
- Minimum 1 year experience in communications and web platforms
- Experience with MSF or other NGO
- Genuine interest in, understanding of, and commitment to; the humanitarian principles, associative structure, social mission, operations, and challenges of MSF.
- Oral and written fluency in both English and French. Other languages especially Spanish are an asset
- Demonstrated experience with website management – Drupal preferably – html is a plus
- Experience in use of web platforms. Graphic design knowledge is an asset.
- Experience in the communications field, particularly with editorial content, and editing in both French and English
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment; ability to recognize, respect, learn from and integrate cultural differences
- Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to details
- Ability to take responsibility and follow through on projects
- Strong team player, able to support the team as needed, especially in connection with organization and administration around International meetings
- Self-driven, enthusiastic and dedicated
- Able to work successfully under pressure within short deadlines; maintaining appropriate priorities, adequate detail, flexibility, and positivity
Starting date: February 1st, 2016 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Contract: 2 year contract at 100%
Deadline for applications: 14 January 2016
Please submit all applications only by email to IOfirstname.lastname@example.org stating “Association Online Administrator” in the title.
Please submit only your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your last name.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contracted