International Association Communications Assistant
Contract: 100% position, fixed-term contract, 3 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
Reporting to: Hierarchically to the International Association Coordinator and functionally to the International Project and Communications Manager
- MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
- POSITION BACKGROUND
The governance reform process of MSF, which started in 2009, led to some important changes in the international associative architecture of the MSF movement. New governing bodies, mechanisms and procedures took shape in 2011-2012 and continue to evolve with the work of the new International Board (IB) and standing committees, as well as International General Assembly (IGA) Representatives.
The International Associative team is the core group of people carrying out the work on associative matters at a movement wide level. This team within the MSF International Office supports the international governance bodies of MSF; provides services and support ot all MSF associations within the Movement; and promotes the associative dimension of MSF.”
- OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The International Association Communications Assistant supports online communications of the International Associative team directed to all MSF members, with a view to promoting the associative dimension of MSF. This position is responsible for the technical and administrative responsibilities of managing the International Association Website in particular related to the International General Assembly which will take place in Johannesburg from June 29 – July 1st 2017.
The International Association Communications Assistant reports hierarchically to the International Association Coordinator and functionally to the International Project and Communications Manager. The Communications Assistant will also work in close collaboration with other International Association Team members and the wider associative network of coordinators/officers and other members of the International Office as required.
IV. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Website management
- Assist with identifying, preparing, editing and posting relevant content on the International Associative website, and with keeping content up-to-date, e.g. the National Board/International Board/ Field Associative Debates pages
- Ensure that all pages are available in excellent quality in both French and English, taking responsibility for translation when necessary
- Format and post International General Assembly (IGA)-related content (background documents, list and bios of Representatives, candidates’ profiles) on the website by the MSF International statutes deadline (29 May) – in both French and English
- Support the International Associative team during the IGA notably by updating the website during the event and interacting with our online audience
- Edit, format and post IGA-related content, especially pictures and videos from the meeting after the event
- In collaboration with the International Board Assistant, keep the online motions register up-to date, notably by uploading and translating motions on the website
- Support users of the website by addressing queries and managing user accounts
- IGA specific support
- Support the translation and editing into French of IGA background readings and documents
- Support the compilation of packets of information and other tools for IGA participants
- Work with a focal person in the Geneva office to organize the screening of the IGA
- Other online tasks
- Assist with the compilation of website statistics
- Manage the firstname.lastname@example.org account
- Provide technical support to the organisation of webinars
- Perform other tasks supporting the International Associative Team as the need arises
V. PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications and work experience
- Graduate with relevant degree
- Experience with website management – Drupal preferably – html is a plus
- Experience with MSF
- Genuine interest in, understanding of, and commitment to; the humanitarian principles, associative structure, social mission, operations, and challenges of MSF.
- Exceptional oral and written fluency in both English and French is an absolute requirement. Other languages especially Spanish are an asset
- Experience in use of web platforms. Graphic design knowledge is an asset.
- Experience in the communications field, particularly with editorial content, and editing in both French and English
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment; ability to recognize, respect, learn from and integrate cultural differences
- Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to take responsibility and follow through on projects
- Strong team player, able to support the team as needed, especially in connection with organization and administration around International meetings
- Self-driven, enthusiastic and dedicated
- Able to work successfully under pressure within short deadlines; maintaining appropriate priorities, adequate detail, flexibility, and positivity
- HOW TO APPLY -
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOemail@example.com stating
“Int’l Association Communications Assistant” in the title.
Please submit only your CV and cover letter in ONE file attached to the email and name the file with your last name.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted