Human Resources Director
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation committed to two objectives: providing medical assistance to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, natural and man-made disasters; and speaking out about the plight of the populations assisted.
MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Today, MSF is present in more than 60 countries, where thousands of MSF doctors, nurses, logisticians, water-and-sanitation experts, and other medical and non-medical professionals work together to bring essential health services to people caught in humanitarian crises.
Our HR Director is leaving us and we are looking for her successor: HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
MSF Brazil is currently looking to recruit an HR Director (HRD) to manage the overall structure, processes and all aspects of HR at MSF Brazil, both internally (office staff) as well as field human resources (fieldworkers on assignment). The purpose of the HR Director function will be to ensure the sound management and the development of Human Resources of MSF in Brazil in accordance with the national labour law and legislations as well as with the social mission of MSF. The HRD will also contribute through different international platforms to the development of HR concerns internationally.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The HR Director in MSF Brazil is the representative of MSF Brazil for HR matters in Brazil and the representative of MSF Brazil HR concerns in the relevant platforms within the MSF movement.
- In accordance with the vision of MSF Brazil, be responsible for developing the department’s direction and strategic objectives.
- To be responsible for the overall management, supervision and organization of the HR Department’s activities and delegating relevant responsibilities to team members.
- General management and supervision of all staff members within the Department when it comes to performance, trainings, development, evaluations, contracts and salaries, delegation of tasks etc.
- To be part of the Management Team (MT) and actively participate in MT-meetings
- Ensuring that all tools and processes are in place for MSF Brazil to be a responsible, fair and attractive employer
- Monitors relevant legislation and ensuring legal compliance of all HR-related matters in accordance with Brazilian labour law (including employment contracts and all internal policies and procedures)
- Ensuring that all internal guidelines, policies and procedures are updated, developing new policies where necessary and ensuring that all HR policies and procedures are adhered to
- Overall responsibility for the field-HR Strategy and entire FHR chain of MSF Brazil and ensuring that field recruitment targets and objectives are reached
- Developing and implementing recruitment strategies and exploring new recruitment markets
- Developing and implementing career management strategies of all fieldworkers
- Supports and ensures good communication between the MSF Brazil FHR unit and Operation centre field support Departments. Attend International HR platform meetings.
- Monthly monitor and report the results of the HR department’s indicators to the General Director
- This position requires flexibility; the activities mentioned above may develop/change with the development of the MSF movement, the MSF Brazil office & the Department.
- Must be available to travel
- Degree in related field (Social Science, Business Management etc)
- MBA in People Management (desirable)
- MSF experience (field experience or from HR department)
- Relevant professional experience in HR and international environment
- Experience in managing and developing a team and other staff of an organisation
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to understand and tackle both national and international HRM challenges.
- Analytic & strategic skills; capacity to find creative solutions, to develop strategies, have a broad picture and be visionary.
- Well-developed administration and organising skills
- Ability to handle HR processes, crisis management, conflicts management.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Portuguese (Spanish speakers with the commitment to learn Portuguese are encouraged to apply)
- Knowledge of Spanish and / or French written and spoken (valuable)
- Excellent social skills, flexibility and commitment
- Diplomatic, patient and service-orientated
- Very good motivation & communication abilities (Active listening ability, presentation skills and interviewing skills)
- Excellent team player
- Ability to manage and adapt to stress
- Maturity and high levels of integrity
- Open-end contract
- Work location: MSF Brazil’s office in Rio de Janeiro
- 40 hours/week paid
How to apply:
Please send an updated curriculum vitae and motivation letter via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject Human Resources Director before 26 March 2017.