Head of IT Infrastructure & Service Delivery (f/m), Geneva
Under the leadership of the Director of Information Systems, the Head of Infrastructure and Service Delivery manages IT day-to-day operations to run and improve IT services for the end-user satisfaction. The scope of responsibilities encompasses the International Office and the Operational Center of Geneva, including the headquarters, 4 partner sections/offices (Austria, Czech Republic, South Korea, Mexico), the regional offices (Uganda, Senegal) and over 20 missions around the world.
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent medical and humanitarian organisation that provides care to populations in need, to people affected by natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and regardless of their race, religion, belief or political affiliation (MSF Charter).
MSF Operational Centre Geneva is one of the 5 operational centres supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The operations are implemented by around 40 field teams, 20 mission coordination teams and organizational units based in Africa, Middle East, Asia and Central America.
Your main responsibilities
Strategy and leadership
- Assist the Director of Information Systems for defining the IT strategic orientations, the strategic plan and the yearly plan of action.
- Work in close collaboration with the Architecture team to define the global technical vision and lead strategic technology initiatives.
- Provide leadership in planning and managing infrastructure (on-premises and cloud services) and IT operations. This includes production support, systems and database administration, network operations, PC and mobile devices support, communication devices support and customer service.
- Provide leadership to IT operation teams (Infrastructure, HQ and Field Service Desk). Ensure staff professional development.
- Provide vision for the infrastructure and IT services, propose improvements, enable innovation and leverage on IT trends that can create business value consistent with MSF requirements and expectations in terms of relevance, resilience, risk and cost.
- Propose budgets and control costs.
Infrastructure and cloud services
- Build and maintain key elements of the infrastructure, including datacenter, cloud services, mobility and remote access services, wireless networks, enterprise-scale messaging environments, unified communication, identity management integration, networks and innovative end user computing solutions.
- Ensure comprehensive infrastructure and disaster recovery architecture is maintained and operations are in place to ensure compliance with required RPOs and RTOs during business continuity events (emphasizing but not limited to storage area networks and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures)
- Ensure that processes, policies and procedures are elaborated, validated and followed.
- Ensure that the systems are properly documented with up-to-date information.
Service delivery management
- Define the support organizational model and tools to fulfill the adequate service level requirements and quality.
- Propose and manage the IT service catalog. Ensure that the service provided is in-line with the service catalog.
- Manage the day-to-day service delivery of defined services provided by both internal and external service providers.
- Lead the delivery of 24/7 service operations and KPI compliance.
- Establish metrics, key performance indicators, and service level agreements to monitor the service and continually improve IT operations.
- Ensure the fulfilment of OLA’s/SLA’s, guarantees the availability of the systems and the business continuity.
- Source and manage assets (PC, notebook, mobile devices, etc.) through the entire lifecycle.
- Define operational MSF IT standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that processes, policies and procedures are elaborated, validated and followed.
- Manages the hardware and software licenses and the support/maintenance contracts.
- Gather the needs, provide technical expertise and anticipate the deployment of solutions in close collaboration with the project managers and the Business Applications team.
- Ensure the IT deployment, commissioning and decommissioning of applications according to MSF processes, best practices, security and service level requirements.
- Implement infrastructure aspects of business solutions as part of the project teams.
Security, compliance and risk management
- Participate in the development of the enterprise data security and risk management strategies.
- Act as IT technical security officer, ensuring the security of data.
- Define and implement policies, standards and processes to raise awareness of, assess, monitor and mitigate the risks.
- Ensure the compliance and auditability of the systems towards legal aspects for change management, data storage, data privacy, etc.
Portfolio and project management
- Manage/Coordinate/Steer technical and organizational improvement projects with internal and external teams.
- Contribute to the management of the portfolio of projects and activities within the IS department. Coordinate infrastructure and organizational projects/activities/resources and ensure all project deliverables, budgets, and timelines are met. Ensure that the reporting on the portfolio/project status is regularly done to the IT PMO.
- Provide expertise to Business Applications team and to the lines of business for the implementation of business solutions (hosting, integration, interfacing, SLA’s, contracts, etc.).
- Perform regular technological watch on IT aspects.
Sourcing and vendor management
- Establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with vendors and service suppliers.
- Develop RFPs/RFIs, oversee product evaluations, coordinate product and service selections. Ensure that the purchasing process, pricing, terms and conditions for supplier contracts meet IT and purchasing standards while achieving optimal results for the organization.
- Conduct negotiations and establish contracts with vendors with the support of the purchasing unit.
Closely collaborate with the counterparts of the other Operational Centers and with the IS management platform (ISM) to define opportunities of convergence at movement level, for example through the alignment on technological standards, global projects, implementation of a global shared service center…
- Masters degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field.
- ITIL Expert or Master certification.
- Project management certification (PMP, Prince2, Hermes).
- Min 5 years as Service Delivery Manager or Head of Infrastructure and Operations.
- Experience in an international environnment.
- Experience in managing remote/delocalised/multi-site support teams.
- Mature and self-motivated professional able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Focus on customer satisfaction and high-quality service delivery, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness.
- Deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications/services they enable as well as the criticality of maintaining strong connections between the respective teams within IT.
- Ability to see the big picture across such areas as private, public, hybrid infrastructure and services, identity management, security, telecommunications, enterprise storage
- Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders, gain their confidence and persuade them to cooperate with initiatives where required.
- Outstanding communication skills and capacity to manage expectations.
- Excellent leadership skills, capacity to lead by example and develop strong personnel performance goals.
- Ability to drive process improvement to continually improve service and reduce costs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to drive process improvement to continually improve services.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Strongly customer-oriented.
- Quality and result-oriented.
- Rigorous and very well organized.
- Committed to MSF values.
Terms of employment
- Permanent contract, full-time position (CDI 100%)
- Based in Geneva, with potential travels (to other Operational Centers and field visits)
- Ideal starting date: to be discussed
- Gross annual salary: CHF 114’264.
How to apply
Interested candidates should forward their complete application (including cover letter and curriculum vitae) to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating in the subject line “Head Infra and SD 2016.03”.
The deadline for applications is 6 April 2016.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details about the job offer or MSF, please visit our website: http://www.msf.ch/travailler-avec-nous/