Global Corporate Partnerships Senior Officer
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 19 sections, 23 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
The need to secure the necessary funds to meet the operational ambitions for the coming years has led to the development of a Global Fundraising Strategy for the MSF movement.
The challenging economic and fundraising context in many of the markets where MSF operates and the opportunity to increase income from corporations and foundations in an increasingly globalised environment has resulted in the creation of this new position.
Historically, MSF has not pursued global corporate partnerships due to the autonomous make up of our network and the various types of relationships that sections have developed with corporations at a national level. However, this autonomy has allowed for the development of robust corporate programs in many sections, and there are numerous successes and lessons learned. As a result, we are well positioned to build new global partnerships or to leverage existing ones at national level.
Corporate relationships can mean a cash commitment, in-kind donations which support our work, access to potential new individual donors and increased brand awareness. The potential benefit to MSF of a partnership increases significantly if we pursue it as a global network, rather than section by section.
MSF has developed an internationally agreed ethical framework and some policies and procedures for global corporate deals in order to frame the approach to global corporate partnerships.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Global Partnerships Senior Officer is a new position that will be part of the MSF International Office.
The position will report hierarchically to the International Fundraising Coordinator and will collaborate with the MSF network of national corporate fundraisers.
IV. OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The overall objective of this position is to contribute to maximize private income from global corporations and foundations by developing new partnerships or leveraging existing partnerships at national level.
V. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- To research, identify and map global corporations and foundations that could become potential new MSF global partners within the framework of the existing international policy.
- To develop a strategy for securing new global partnerships for MSF.
- To actively seek for global partnerships with global corporations and foundations that can result in new financial and in-kind contributions
- To work in collaboration with corporate fundraisers in MSF offices to identify the opportunity to leverage existing corporate national partnerships with potential to expand into global ones.
- To organize and participate in donors meetings with corporations and foundations to facilitate the development of a new partnerships.
- To develop the tools and information (proposals, reporting…) needed to support the implementation of new partnerships.
VI. PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications and work experience:
- Graduate with degree in Business Management, Communications, Marketing or equivalent.
- Extensive (more than 5 years) experience in fundraising, marketing or sponsorship as well as experience in corporate fundraising and/or in similar positions in the private sector at an international level.
- Experience and knowledge of the MSF corporate fundraising culture is an asset.
- Genuine interest in, understanding of, and commitment to the humanitarian principles.
- Strong team player with the ability and interpersonal skills to interact and communicate at all levels of MSF
- Excellent writing, presentation and negotiation skills
- Oral and written fluency in English, French is an asset. Other languages especially Spanish will be useful
- Self-driven, enthusiastic, dedicated, and autonomous
- Able to work successfully under pressure within short deadlines; maintaining appropriate priorities, adequate detail, flexibility, and positivity
- Ability to travel based on needs, up to 50% of the time
Starting date: March 2014 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Contract: 100% - 2 year contract (with possible extension)
Location: One of MSF’s offices, strong preference for an international corporate and travel hub
Deadline for applications: 16 March 2014
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOemail@example.com stating “Global Partnership Senior Officer” in the title.
Please submit only one file containing your CV and cover letter and name the file with your last name only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted