Executive Assistant to the Amsterdam-based International Coordinators
Title: Executive Assistant to the Amsterdam-based International Coordinators
Starting date: November 2017
Reporting to: International HR Coordinator
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
MSF International has its office in Geneva, but several positions of MSF International are hosted by other MSF offices. The Amsterdam office hosts 4 International Coordinators/Secretary: one for Human Resources, ICT, Logistics and one for the Supply Chain.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
The position of Executive Assistant has been created to support the Amsterdam-based International Coordinators and their Director platforms in the full accomplishment of the mandate entrusted by the MSF Movement. The related platforms are:
- The International Directors of HR (IDRH)
- The Information Systems Management (ISM, these are the ICT Directors)
- The Directors of Logistics (DirLog)
- The Executive Supply Chain Committee (ESCC, these are the Supply Directors + Directors of the MSF European Supply Centres)
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Executive Assistant:
- Reports hierarchically to the International HR Coordinator and functionally to the International ISM Coordinator (IISC), International Logistics Coordinator (ILC) and the Executive Supply Chain Secretary (ESCS);
- Works closely with the other assistants of MSF International based in Geneva as well as in the other MSF locations;
- Works closely with other executive assistants to members of the above-mentioned platforms;
- Interacts with the International Office team, the MSF Movement, interlocutors outside MSF and any other contacts considered necessary by the managers.
IV. OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The Executive Assistant is responsible to provide comprehensive support to the Amsterdam-based International Coordinators / Secretary in accomplishing their mandate as entrusted by the MSF Movement.
The position is key in ensuring proactive organization and management of information, fluid communication with MSF platforms, with a particular focus on the platforms linked to the Amsterdam-based International Coordinators/Secretary; consistent preparation of meetings and events, high quality and fidelity of documents.
V. MAIN RESPONSABILITIES
a. Strategic support to Amsterdam-based Coordinators/Secretary (ABCS – acronym used for the sake of facility in this document only)
- Manages the communication between the ABCS on one side and the members of the above-mentioned executive MSF platforms concerning meeting schedules, agendas and follow-ups;
- Assists the ABCS with the preparation and communication of agendas for the meetings;
- Coordinates and prepares supporting documents related to the meetings;
- Ensures minutes writing for meetings, follow-up of approval and communication to members of the concerned platform strictly within the established timeline;
- Ensures posting of specific documents and updates on Pamoja (MSF intranet);
b. Administrative, organisational and logistic support
- Elaborates and updates the annual calendars of the above-mentioned platforms;
- Follows up deadlines, anticipates necessary reminders for preparations of meetings;
- Flags preparation obstacles to the ABCS – amends agendas accordingly;
- Drafts and ensures the follow-up of meeting requests with key stakeholders in the calendar;
- Follows-up guests invitations according to the agenda;
- Ensures the logistics of meetings: organize directly or liaise with assistants at the hosting office for room booking and preparation, catering, technical settings, document printing, transport and accommodation issues, welcome of external participants;
- Ensure organized & thorough archiving of documents related to the above-mentioned platforms;
- Maintains and administers the Pamoja (MSF intranet) sites of the platforms;
- Follows up the ABCS planning, trips, absences, holidays;
- Ensures ticketing and travel booking when needed;
- Can be requested to undertake other tasks as requested by ABCS.
c. Is the administrative and logistic referent for MSF International in Amsterdam
- Supports the organization of MSF International meetings in Amsterdam or other international platforms than those linked to ABCS.
- Is the administrative referent in Amsterdam for MSF International staff (for – but not limited to – office space for newly recruited, assistance with briefing / induction organization etc.)
VI. PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
- Genuine interest in, understanding of and commitment to the humanitarian principles, social mission, operations, and challenges of MSF;
- Outstanding organisation skills; ability to complete multiple tasks within short deadlines, while maintaining correct priorities and quality;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment; possessing maturity, patience and understanding;
- Tact, diplomacy, and tenacity as well as the ability to build and maintain a strong network within MSF to enable information gathering and smooth logistical support;
- Effective and supportive team member, problem-solver;
- Ability to synthesise information and produce professional minutes and meeting outcomes;
- Fluent written and spoken English. Dutch and French an asset;
- Previous work with senior management;
- MSF or other NGO experience an advantage;
- Bachelor/postgraduate degree desirable;
- This position requires frequent (on average 2 per month) short trips to other MSF offices within Europe and the flexibility to work outside normal business hours and occasionally on weekends.
Starting date: November 2017
Contract: 100% fixed-term position renewable
Deadline for applications: 11 September 2017
Please submit all applications only by email to:
IOfirstname.lastname@example.org stating “Executive Assistant to the Amsterdam-based Coordinators and Secretary” in the subject
Please submit only ONE file containing your CV and cover letter and name the file with your last name only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.