I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 19 sections, 23 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
The position of Executive Assistant has been created to support the Executive Coordinator in assisting the Executive and Associative Management of MSF International.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Executive Assistant will:
- Report to the Executive Coordinator,
- Interact with the International President, the International Board Members, the Secretary General, the International Medical Secretary, the International Medical Coordinator, the International Office team, the MSF Movement, interlocutors outside MSF and any other contact considered necessary by the Executive Coordinator.
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Executive and Associative senior management of MSF International (Secretary General, International President, International Medical Secretary, International Medical Coordinator, International Treasurer, and elected International Board members among others). As such, the Executive Assistant will play a key role working with the Executive Coordinator in the organization of the international strategic meetings, be responsible for ensuring efficient logistical organization of the meetings and the production of accurate minutes. The Executive Assistant will also be the focal point for maintaining legal documentation; and will provide other support to the International Office, as required, and as delegated by the Executive Coordinator.
V. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Executive support
For the Executive and Associative Management of MSF International, notably the Secretary General, the International President, the IGA-elected International Board Members, the International Treasurer, the Executive Assistant will:
- Manage and arrange diary, travel and visa, meeting requests and set up, correspondence and phone communication;
- Manage signatures of documents;
- Develop and maintain a contact database;
- Compile expense claims;
- Draft documents (letters, updates), put together presentations, perform editing and formatting;
- Maintain and organise up-to-date archiving (hard copy, electronic, Tukul);
- Perform other administrative tasks as required (document printing, scanning, etc.);
2. International Meetings
The Executive Assistant will:
For points one to four below, this will include, among others, the MedOp, DirMed, and Medical Standing Committee meetings:
1. Be responsible for managing the logistics of the international meetings (meeting room booking and preparation, catering, technical settings, document printing, other general assistance), and for coordinating with the other assistants in the Movement for the logistical organization;
2. Write minutes for specific international meetings, contribute to the production of minutes for other international meetings as delegated by the Executive Coordinator, including through audio recordings;
3. Assist in preparing, formatting, editing and circulating background documentations and agendas;
4. Post international meetings related information as necessary on the Intranet and the associative website;
- Prepare draft international meeting calendars;
- Assist in organizing other major international meetings when required.
3. Legal support
The Executive Assistant will be responsible to:
- Maintain up to date the MSF International registry at the Geneva Registry of Commerce;
- Liaise with the Paris legal team whenever required to follow up and support from Geneva, trademark duties, fraud, contract signatures;
- Maintain proper archiving of legal documents in Geneva.
The Executive Assistant will be required to:
- Maintain email lists (IO MT, IO GVA, IO ALL); maintain and disseminate the MSF International contact list;
- Respond to incoming phone calls and transmit messages;
- Assist with incoming and outgoing mail;
- Welcome and guide external visitors, if required;
- Take care of business card orders and of the catering stock for meetings;
- Report and follow up on any necessary office maintenance;
- Undertake other duties as requested by the Executive Coordinator.
VI. PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to synthesise; strong organisation skills; ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously within short deadlines, while maintaining correct priorities, tact, perseverance and organisation; sense of humour required;
- Self-driven, committed, problem-solving, with ability to work effectively in a team;
- Proficiency in English to mother-tongue standard, French fluency a clear advantage;
- Diplomatic ability and judgement regarding networking, information gathering, and negotiation;
- Previous work with senior management essential;
- Office management experience;
- MSF or other NGO experience an advantage;
- Bachelor/postgraduate degree desirable;
- Knowledge of medical domain an advantage;
- Genuine interest in, understanding of and commitment to the humanitarian principles, social mission, operations, and challenges of MSF;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment; possessing maturity, patience and understanding;
- This position requires occasional short trips to other MSF offices within Europe and flexibility to travel and work outside normal business hours and on weekends.
Starting date: 19 August 2013
Contract: Open-ended – 100%
Deadline for applications: 31 May 2013
Please submit applications only be email to IOemail@example.com, stating "Executive Assistant" in the subject.
Please submit only one zip file containing your CV and cover letter and name the zip file with your family name.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted