e-Health Medical Officer (Temporary post)
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organisational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including the Medical Department and Projects & IT.
CONTEXT OF POST
MSF OCBA is continuously adapting processes and tools to improve efficiency and quality of data. We have selected solutions for medical data available to the teams, both in the field and in the headquarters, in order to support decision-making and improve the quality of the field operations.
PLACEMENT WITHIN THE ORGANISATIONAL CHART
The temporary eHealth Medical Officer will work within the eHealth team and s/he will be hierarchically accountable to the eHealth Epidemiologist. They will also work closely with:
- The eHealth project team for the customization, development and deployment of solutions
- Focal Points in the missions and projects to support the process of data collection for reporting and analysis
- Staff in operations and the medical department to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of data collection process for healthcare management and delivery
- The Learning unit for the customisation, development and deployment of training material
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
- Acts as facilitator for the implementation of systems in the field
- Provides users with support for data collection, analysis and interpretation of data. Assures timely and adapted answers to the end user questions related with health information.
- Follows up and supports focal points activity
- Conducts briefings and debriefings of field staff going to or returning from the field
- Participates in the reviewing of health related system content
- Acts as a tutor for online courses and a facilitator for regular trainings
- Travels to the regional or mission capitals to undertake training, mentorship, intensive support depending on needs
- Provides guidance regarding the correct use of systems
- Participates in the design, implementation and evaluation of the systems trainings
Education and experience
- University Degree in Medicine, Public Health or related sciences
- Experience with Health Information Systems or an ability to demonstrate a good understanding/respect for data systems/reporting
- Field experience in NGO Health sector, preferably with MSF
- Fluent English and French
- Experience in training is an advantage
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Full-time job
- Contract initially until end of July 2018 with possible extension.
- Annually gross salary: €26,915,32 (divided in 12 monthly payments) plus secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
- Practical working conditions while in the field are as per the MSF-OCBA guideline.
- Starting date: Immediately
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference
“e-Health Medical Officer” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
Closing date: 20 August 2017
Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position.