Digital Communications Officer, Campaigns
Title: Digital Communications Officer, Campaigns
Location: Geneva preferably
Contract: Fixed Term 2-years, full time position 100%
Starting date: As soon as possible
Reporting: Senior Commucation Manager, Access Campaign
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF movement, and implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
Médecins Sans Frontières set up the MSF Access Campaign (AC) in 1999 to address systemic challenges and improve access to existing medical tools (medicines, diagnostics and vaccines) and to stimulate the development of urgently needed better tools for people in countries where MSF works and beyond. The priorities of the Access Campaign are guided by the medical challenges faced by MSF and its patients in its operational settings. The primary objectives of the Access Campaign include identifying, analysing and advocating for changes around the legal and regulatory systems and practices that hinder access to medical tools and innovation suitable for people in need especially in resource limited settings.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
In collaboration with the MSF movement, the Access Campaign conducts campaigning activities in support of our advocacy objectives. This position will develop and implement online communications activities in support of the Access Campaign’s campaigning goals, working in conjunction and coordination with core Access Campaign communications staff and other Access Campaign staff and departments.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
This position reports to the Senior Communications Manager of the MSF Access Campaign Communications Department, with functional reporting to the AC Campaigns Manager. This position will collaborate closely with the AC Campaigns manager, other members of the Access Campaign Communications team and will have extensive contact with members of the other Access Campaign functional teams, including medical, pharmaceutical, policy and advocacy teams. This position will also have extensive contact with MSF digital communications colleagues internationally.
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
This position will work to develop and implement digital campaigning activities, including developing digital materials and content, engagement strategies, executing both online and offline campaigning actions and sustaining campaign momentum aimed at building awareness, garnering public support and maintaining interest in target audiences for AC campaigns.
V. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with the rest of the AC communications team, and working closely with the Campaigns Manager and the dossier teams, this position will contribute to and oversee a range of online communications activities, including:
- Online communication strategy - develop and implement an online communications strategy to build awareness and generate public support for the campaign’s objectives
- Content creation – create or commission creation of infographics, visuals, videos, animations, Facebook posts, tweets, articles and other innovative social media and web content to boost online presence and engagement. In conjunction with the AC communication team and campaigns staff, develop, implement and create guidelines as needed to ensure appropriate visual identity of AC campaigns
- Online communities – identify relevant online communities, develop and implement engagement strategies with the aim of mobilizing additional support for AC campaigns
- Events – In conjunction with the AC communication team and campaigns staff, develop and execute online and live events to generate engagement in AC campaigns
- Digital tools and platforms – work closely with the AC online communications officer and liaise with vendors to evaluate, implement and manage online campaigning platforms, tools and technologies
- Online monitoring - monitor social media for issues related to AC campaigns and propose ways to respond as opportune and/or necessary
- Analytics – using Google Analytics and other measurement tools, to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Email and digital marketing – writing email and digital content, and developing and implementing digital and email outreach/marketing strategies to reach and grow target audiences
- Help prepare and disseminate communication packages to the MSF communications network, including compiling and finalizing relevant materials and including internal channels to reach MSF staff and association members
- Continually engage with relevant communication officers in MSF country offices to ensure suitability of campaigning materials, encourage uptake of campaign actions in key MSF sections/countries, including supporting local adaptation of content
- Liaise with external campaigning partners as needed, including facilitating coordination of campaign planning and scheduling, review and approval of jointly produced materials, and ensuring adherence to MSF digital standards and guidelines.
VI. PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years’ experience conceiving and creating innovative digital content for web and social media, experience with including graphic design, video, animation and writing/editing;
- 3+ years’ experience administering social media accounts and content management systems;
- 1-2 years’ experience developing and managing public outreach/awareness-raising campaigns;
- Proficiency in English to mother-tongue standard; other languages an asset, particularly French and/ or Spanish;
- Demonstrated track record of building, engaging with and managing online communities;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Strong project management experience with the ability to manage and complete projects on time and on budget;
- Demonstrated track record of strategic thinking and problem-solving in fast-paced, dynamic work environment;
- Ability to work well as part of a small, geographically-dispersed team;
- Ability to work cooperatively in a cross cultural setting and maintain successful, often long distance working, relationships;
- Flexibility, with a strong capacity to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Experience in the fields of health, medicine, or the pharmaceutical industry an asset;
- Genuine interest in, understanding of, and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF.
Deadline for applications: 28th August 2017
Please submit all applications only by email to:
IOemail@example.com stating “Digital Communications Officer, Campaigns” in the title
Please submit only ONE file containing your CV and cover letter
and name the file with your last name only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.