Content Management System Intern
Position: Content Management System – Intern
Contract: Internship 3 months – Work time according to legal requirements
Starting date: January 2018
I- MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
II- POSITION BACKGROUND
MSF International has identified a need for a common information repository dedicated to the needs of MSF International. SharePoint online has been selected as the tool that must produce the following outcomes:
- Provide a unique repository for all MSF International documents.
- Provide an MSF International wide communication channel.
- Support straightforward communication with the entire MSF movement
- Enable the creation of virtual collaborative spaces where information can be shared in the context of operational processes.
- Collaborative workspaces must have the potential to support business processes and not only be document libraries.
- The Pamoja Project is aligned with the global MSF O365 strategy for communication and collaboration.
III- PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Content management System Intern is part of the Pamoja team of MSF International. He/she reports to Pamoja SharePoint Project Officer and works closely with the owners of Pamoja sites. He/she will provide support to the team on its day to day activities.
IV- OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The purpose of the position of Content management intern is to assist the SharePoint Project Officer on the support to the end users and in the creation of communication materials.
- The support to the SharePoint project and form part of the training delivery, working closely with the SharePoint Project Officer;
- The help desk support for the questions of the user of Pamoja
V- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The Content management system intern will:
- Manage the Pamoja Support mailbox
- Prepare the induction for new users
- Improve and create training/communication materials
- Advise the users on the different possibilities that SharePoint offers to manage their information and improve their team collaboration.
VI- PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor or University degree in Library and Information Sciences or in Communication
- Experience (more than 1 year) in Content Management System and/or Electronic Document and Records Management systems.
- IT skills including Microsoft Office Applications
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to discuss technical requirements with a wide range of non-technical stakeholders.
- Capacity for autonomy
- Spoken and written English
- Location: Geneva
- Knowledge of SharePoint Online and O365 tools is an asset
- Good written and oral French language
In order to qualify for an internship position, the applicants should be prepared to provide documentary evidence that they are in one of the following situations:
- Currently enrolled in a certifying training;
- Between certifying trainings (eg. Bachelor and Master) with the condition that the utility of the internship is certified by the training institution organizing the second training.
- Under a federal program of insertion.
A trilateral internship convention is compulsory.
Please also see https://www.ge.ch/engager-personne-stage
Deadline for applications: 3th January 2018
Please submit all applications only by email to:
IOemail@example.com stating “Content Management System Intern” in the subject
Please submit only ONE file containing your CV and cover letter and name the file with your last name only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.