Communications Officer, EndTB - Paris
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), an international medical humanitarian organisation created in 1971, provides medical assistance to sick or wounded populations in armed conflicts, epidemics, natural disasters or situations of exclusion from healthcare. MSF is currently working in over sixty countries around the world.
Expand New Drug Markets for Tuberculosis (endTB) project is a consortium led by Partners In Health (PIH), and composed of Interactive Research and Development (IRD) and Médecins Sans Frontières-France, on behalf of MSF-Operational Centres Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam, as well as MSF Access Campaign, MSF Logistique and Epicentre. EndTB project aims at radically expand access to treatment for patients in high burden TB countries and in all low-income countries over the course of four years.
This project is funded by UNITAID up to a ceiling of 60.4 M US$. The aim of the project is to enroll
3200 patients on treatment involving new TB drugs and to devise a more user-friendly treatment regimen.
The innovative combination of establishing a base of evidence in new TB drug use, identifying priority MDR-TB regimens, removing country-level barriers, and accelerating global policy change will result in a revolutionary change in the MDR-TB drug market and profound public health effects.
To support the endTB consortium members, we are recruiting an:
Communications Officer (M/F)
Under the hierarchical supervision of the endTB project manager and under the functional supervision of MSF-France medical Communications officer, the endTB Communications officer will
- Ensure that adequate Communications process is in place to comply with project’s requirements
- Develop a strategic, 4-year Communications plan of the endTB project
- Propose a shared and participative framework for the management of the project’s communications
S/he ensures smooth coordination with the endTB PIH and IRD managers and s/he coordinates with Communications officers and/or relevant appointed staff in each consortium’s partner organization.
The Communications officer will:
- Gather and consolidate public and internal Communications needs expressed by the partners of the consortium and the MSF entities involved.
- Ensure that all partners of the consortium (PIH, IRD, MSF)endorse and share a coherent and realistic communication strategy
- Ensure that the strategy fit with each partners communications policies, as well as with UNITAID’s ones
- Ensure that all MSF entities involved (MSF Operational Centres Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam, as well as MSF Access Campaign, MSF Logistique and Epicentre) endorse and share a common Communications strategy, as well as a clear definition of roles and responsibilities among them.
- Support the endTB consortium in:
- Defining milestones and deliverables for internal and external communication of the consortium
- Defining specifications of communication tools, when relevant (e.g. endTB website)
- Defining a crisis Communications management plan for the project
- Initiate the production of key Communications tools / products for the first half of 2016, according to the Communication strategy and plan.
- endTB 4-year Communication strategy
- endTB communication annex to UNITAID and consortium agreement
- Communication plans (internal, external), including Comms initiatives in endTB countries
- Specifications for Communications tools (eg. website and others)
- Launch / initiation of key Communication tools for first-half of 2016, as per the defined endTB Communications strategy and plan
Qualification and requirements
- Graduated in communication or journalism Minimum 5 years in a communication officer or press officer position
- Excellent strategic vision
- Strong skills in project management: planning and ability to understand complex set ups
- Behavioral flexibility (high level of maturity in interpersonal relationships, flexibility)
- Comprehensive knowledge of humanitarian intervention.
- Real interest in issues like access to drugs and TB epidemics
- Excellent oral and written communication in English (fluency or mother tongue), French is an asset
Terms and conditions
Contract: 4 months fixed contract – Full time.
Location: Based in Paris (other location could be considered)
Paris: 41,800€ gross annually over 13 months. 22 days “RTT” per year. Additional health insurance 100% covered by Médecins Sans Frontières. Luncheon vouchers at face value of 8,80€ (60% covered by MSF). 50% of a public transport subscription covered.
Application deadline: 19 August 2015
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please send your application (motivation letter and CV) on line http://www.msf.fr/recrutement/travailler-au-siege
Only selected candidates will be contacted