Communications Intern – International HR Projects
Position: Communications Intern – International Human Resources Projects
Contract: 6 months - 50%
Starting date: 10th February 2018
I- MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
III- POSITION BACKGROUND
MSF is composed of 21 independent ‘sections’ (offices) that have committed to an international approach for many human resources policies and strategies. Effective internal communication is fundamental for ensuring the success of these initiatives, with the international office planning, facilitating or delivering much of this communications support.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Communications Intern – International Human Resources (HR) Projects will be based in Geneva within the International Office. S/he will report to the Communications Officer for International HR Projects.
IV- OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The purpose of the Communications Intern position is to support the Communications Officer in the implementation of communications plans for international HR initiatives. These are especially focused on compensation and benefits systems for field staff and MSF’s International Reference Field Function Grid, along with a range of smaller projects, such as the MSF global LinkedIn page, an HR knowledge-sharing platform, and various international HR research projects and reports.
The successful candidate will gain experience in many aspects of internal HR-focused communication for a large international non-governmental organization.
V- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The Communications Intern role will include:
- Assisting in the production of communications materials for HR, such as publications, videos, presentations and other tools
- Supporting in the planning and implementation of a new compensation and benefits website, and helping to maintain content on the site
- Supporting audience research initiatives, such as by developing surveys or undertaking research interviews
- Helping to maintain content on international HR Sharepoint sites
- Providing other administrative support for communications initiatives as needed
VI- PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications and work experience
- Able to provide an internship convention (please see below)
- A first experience in the field of communications or another relevant discipline
- Currently studying towards or having recently completed a university degree in communications, journalism, human resources or another relevant discipline
- Experience or knowledge of MSF or the international humanitarian sector is an asset
- Excellent (fluent or native-level) written communication skills in English or French, with an advanced level in the other language also preferred. Spanish or Arabic would also be an asset.
- Comfortable in the use of website content management systems for content maintenance
- Proficiency in desktop publishing tools (e.g. InDesign and Photoshop), video editing software, and presentation tools (e.g. PowerPoint)
- Attentive to detail, shows initiative and self-motivated
- Genuine interest in supporting the work of MSF and learning about internal communication for a global humanitarian organisation
In order to qualify for an internship position, the applicants should be prepared to provide documentary evidence that they are in one of the following situations:
- Currently enrolled in a certifying training;
- Between certifying trainings (eg. Bachelor and Master) with the condition that the utility of the internship is certified by the training institution organizing the second training.
- Under a federal program of insertion.
A trilateral internship convention is compulsory.
Please also see https://www.ge.ch/engager-personne-stage
Deadline for applications: 7th January 2018
Please submit all applications only by email to:
IOemail@example.com stating “Intern Communications” in the file
Please submit only ONE file containing your CV and cover letter and name the file with your last name only
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.