Communication Manager Symphony Program
Position: Communication Change Manager
Location: Paris or Barcelona preferable or MSF Hub(Geneva,Amsterdam, Brussels)
Contract: & Fixed term – 18 months
Starting date: ASAP
Deadline for applications: 24th September 2017
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together (the Movement). Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
MSF is embarking on a global HRIS project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 24 MSF recruitment offices. In the preliminary phase of the project, a feasibility study was carried out, functional and technical requirements defined and a HRIS solution identified. The project is now entering the implementation phase aiming at realizing the solution with SAP HCM / e rec and deploying it in the MSF offices and is enlarging the project team to carry out this international project.
The Communication Manager supports the Symphony International Program in the design and development of internal communication materials for all MSF movement to facilitate and improve the effectiveness of the program in all MSF sections.
You will be part of a collaborative team, based in diverse MSF offices in the world, and you will be working in a cross-cultural environment.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
Inside the MSF International Office you will be a member of the Symphony Program
Team, you can be either based in Paris, Barcelona or in another MSF Hub location and you will report directly to the Senior Change Manager. You will be part of the change management team which will also include a change manager. You will need to actively interact with MSF end users and managers in all MSF sections.
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Being a key member of our Symphony project team, you will focus on delivering, in a structured way, communication plans and tools necessary for the effective transformation and for the acceptance of SAP/HR implementation.
- Support the change manager on minimizing resistance and maximizing engagement from senior and middle management as well as end users.
- Create and execute a program communications plan to meet the objectives and schedules in line with the change and communications strategy
- Develop and maintain communication tools and material (videos, website, social media, newsletter, mailing) to market the program’s inputs and to support in the preparation of the implementation.
- Ensure a regular communication on the program advancement
- Support each section in developing an internal communication strategy on the program based on the local channel and key people
- Ensure that all involved organization structures and stakeholders receive adequate information during all phases of the project
- Support the program system team in the design and usability of the HRIS (graphic interface) in compliance with MSF graphic charter
- Develop strategic internal messaging for diverse target groups and project phases.
- Identify specific communication needs towards change management process.
- Provide feedback up and down.
- Advise on change communications best practice and which internal channels will be most effective communicating the change.
- Use efficiently MSF internal tools for communicating with the whole movement
- Work with the local communication team to support them in the integration of Symphony in their local website (including msf.org)
- Create a set of rules to regulate the communication during rollout
V. PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
- Good knowledge and experience in developing communication material using various media
- Experience with MSF in communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate change throughout the implementation phase
- Capacity to communicate about IT systems
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Able to interact effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures and set priorities and to meet deadlines under pressure
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Capacity to work alone and as part of a multicultural team
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF
- Strong team player with the ability and interpersonal skills work in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to work remotely
- Energetic, positive and open approach.
- Service and result oriented
- Able to travel internationally
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Visio, Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Expert or native knowledge of English/French and/or Spanish would be an advantage.
You are a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are comfortable interfacing with our MSF management on a daily basis as this role requires daily interaction with our internal Stakeholders at many levels.
Strong written and verbal communication in English and in French, presentation and diplomacy skills, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a genuine interest in, understanding of, and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF.
- Starting date: SAP
- Contract: 18 months
- Location: Paris or Barcelona preferable or MSF Hub (Geneva, Amsterdam, and Brussels)
- Deadline for applications:24th September 2017
Candidates must already have the right to work in Switzerland or hold a European passport.
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOfirstname.lastname@example.org stating “Communication Manager Symphony” in the title.
Please submit only one file containing your CV and cover letter and name the file with