Communication and Administration Internship
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 19 sections, 23 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
The International Associative Coordination team is the core group of people carrying out the work on associative matters at a movement-wide level. The small and dynamic team within the International Office interacts with the main governance bodies of the movement, implementing decisions guided by the Associative Standing Committee (ASC) and International Board (IB) and working at the service of the International General Assembly (IGA) and the MSF movement.
This team focuses on outreach to an international group of Association Officers and to a large number of MSF members around the world. The team fosters connections and collaboration among the different MSF associations and individual members of MSF, including members of the new Movement-Wide Association. The team serves as a reference point and animator of associative life, providing institutional memory and supporting the work of Association Officers and associative members anywhere in the movement.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The intern is hierarchically responsible to the International Association Communications Officer.
IV.OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The objective of this position is to support the work of the International Associative Team, with an emphasis on communications tools.
V. MAIN TASKS
- Assist with identifying, preparing and posting relevant content on the International Associative website, and with keeping static content up-to-date, e.g. the National Board/International Board/Internal President pages
- Ensure that all pages are available in both good quality French and English, taking responsibility for translation when necessary
- Format and post International General Assembly (IGA)-related content (background documents, list and bios of Representatives, candidates’ profiles) on the website by the MSF International statutes deadline (26 May) – in both French and English
- Support the International Associative team during the IGA (end of June), notably by updating the website during the event
- Edit, format and post post-IGA related content, especially pictures and videos from the meeting
- Keep the online motions register up-to date, notably by uploading and translating motions on the website
- Contribute to preparatory work on redesign and migration of the International Associative website
- Support users of the website by addressing queries and managing user accounts
2. IGA specific support
- Support the translation and editing into French of IGA background readings and documents
- Support the compilation of packets of information and other tools for IGA participants
- Organise the screening of the IGA in the Geneva headquarters
3. Research and ensure an up-to-date collection of documentation to promote and foster associative life in MSF
- Gather the latest association newsletters from around the movement for storage and posting on the associative website
- Visit MSF websites to check that information on MSF International is up-to-date and accurate; suggest changes where necessary
- Research, gather and organise videos from around the movement on MSF associative dimension and history and on current discussion topics, to be shared with colleagues in the field
- Support the work of the multimedia Working Group as required
4. Other online tasks
- Assist with the compilation of website statistics
- Assist in researching and formatting content to be used on MSF associative social media channels
- Assist with the preparation of E-newsletters
5. Perform other tasks supporting the International Associative Team as the need arises
- Interest in and commitment to MSF’s humanitarian principles and associative structure
- Fluent in both French and English, (oral and written)
- Able to work independently
- Communications skills: demonstrated excellent writing skills in both French and English; good knowledge of CMS, especially Drupal
- Knowledge of photo/video editing software an advantage
- Strong organisational skills, reliable and self motivated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Swiss national or student permit/EU citizen
- Current student
- Availability beginning of May 2014
Starting date: 1 May 2014 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Contract: 4 months paid internship
Work time: 100%
Deadline for application: Monday 14 April 2014
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOfirstname.lastname@example.org stating “Communications and Admin Internship” in the title.
Please submit only ONE file containing your CV and cover letter and name the file with your last name only.
Candidates must already have the right to work in Switzerland or hold a European passport.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted