Change Manager Symphony project
Location: Barcelona (Brussels, Amsterdam, Geneva or Paris could be considered)
Duration: Long-term contract; Full-time position
Reporting to: Program manager of the Symphony project
Deadline for applications: 8 July 2015
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
MSF is embarking on a global project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 21 MSF sections.
In the preliminary phase of the project, a feasibility study was carried out and global HR processes were defined. In the latest phase of the project the functional and technical requirements were defined and an HRIS (Human Resources Information System) solution identified. The project is now entering the design phase and subsequently the implementation phase aiming at realizing the solution and deploying it in the MSF offices. As part of the project team, the change manager will play a key role in supporting the project manager and the project board to meet the objectives of the project.
The change manager will be in charge of the communication of the change related to convergence towards one HRIS system in the movement in order to facilitate the acceptance of the project and ensure that the project answers to MSF needs.
Her/His primary focus will be creating and implementing change management plans that minimize resistance and maximize engagement from both senior management and end users.
PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Symphony project team is made of the Symphony Program Manager, one (1) Project Support Officer, one (1) IT Manager and seven (7) Subject Matter Experts.
The Change Manager will report to the Symphony Program Manager.
The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Manage the successful transition of organizational change arising from the project
- With the project team to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan
- Define a structured approach and methodology for the integration of the changes provoked at the different levels by the project
- Develop a change management strategy based on a local analysis of the change in each section
- Defines the communication strategy for all the MSF levels and localities and pro-actively support the project manager in his communication plan
- Interact when needed with Sections and platforms when there is disagreement, acceptance issues or resistance to the project.
- Identify potential plans to mitigate or address the concerns
- Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans – including a.o. Communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, …
- Support HR Directors, platform coordinators and other relevant managers with the execution of these plans
- Be an active and visible coach to senior management who are change sponsors.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies;
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project Life-cycle.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Active listening skills.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Capacity to work alone and as part of a team
- Able to travel internationally
- Service and result oriented
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- MSF experience in Human resources would be an advantage
Starting date: September 2015
Contract: Long term contract 100%
Location: Barcelona preferred (Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels or Geneva could be considered)
Deadline for applications: 8 July 2015
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOemail@example.com stating “Symphony Change Manager” in the title.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.