Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 19 sections, 23 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
The International Associative Coordination team is the core group of people carrying out the work on associative matters at a movement-wide level. The small and dynamic team within the International Office interacts with the main governance bodies of the movement, implementing decisions guided by the Associative Standing Committee (ASC) and International Board (IB) and working at the service of the International General Assembly (IGA) and the MSF movement.
The IAC team focuses on outreach to an international group of Association Officers and to a large number of MSF members around the world. The team fosters connections and collaboration among the different MSF associations and individual members of MSF, including members of the new Movement-Wide Association. The team serves as a reference point and animator of associative life, providing institutional memory and supporting the work of Association Officers and associative members anywhere in the movement.
Place in the organisation
The position is hierarchically accountable to the International Association Coordinator and functionally responsible to the International Associative Communications Officer.
Objectives of the position
The objective of this position is to support the work of the International Associative Team, focusing in an initial phase on associative communications tools and evolving in a second phase to support the objective of ensuring institutional memory within the associative network.
Support the maintenance of core online communication channels
- Assist with identifying, preparing and posting relevant content on the International Associative website, and with keeping static content up-to-date, e.g. the National Board/International Board/Internal President pages
- Ensure that all pages are available in both good quality French and English, taking responsibility for translation when necessary
- Format and post International General Assembly (IGA)-related content (background documents, list and bios of Representatives, candidates’ profiles) on the website by the MSF International statutes deadline (28 May)
- Edit, format and post post-IGA related content, especially pictures and videos from the meeting
Research and ensure an up-to-date collection of documentation about the associative dimension of MSF
- Gather the latest association newsletters from around the movement for storage and posting on the associative website
- Help develop an updated associative Field packet, by gathering existing MSF associative documentation
- Visit MSF websites to check that information on MSF International is up-to-date and accurate; suggest changes where necessary
- Research, gather and organise videos on MSF associative dimension and history from around the movement
Other online tasks
- Assist with the compilation of website statistics
- Assist with regular updates on Tukul for the Associative workspace
- Assist with the preparation of E-newsletters
Perform other tasks as required
- Interest in and commitment to MSF’s humanitarian principles and associative structure
- Demonstrated excellent speaking and writing skills in both French and English
- Good knowledge of online content management, experience with Drupal an asset
- Knowledge of photo/video editing software an advantag
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Currently enrolled in an academic institution
Starting date: 1st May 2013
Contract: Intern contract- 4 months, depending on graduate level, fulltime (100%)
Deadline for applications: 15 March 2013
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOemail@example.com stating “Associative Intern” in the title. Your application should include a letter of motivation, a curriculum vitae .