Arabic Web Content Officer for msf.org - Geneva
Position: Arabic Web Content Officer
Location: Geneva or another other MSF hub location
Contract: 1 year - 100% (with the option to review the location of the position and extend)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: 14 August 2015
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF movement, and implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
The international website of Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) www.msf.org is the cornerstone in MSF’s overall online representation and communication and a key element in the organisation’s overall communication strategies.
MSF.org will now be turning into a multilingual website, with Arabic as the second language which will be added.
For this MSF International is seeking an online communications officer to work on the launch, promotion, and content management of msf.org in Arabic.
PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Arabic web content officer reports to the International Communication Coordinator. He/she is part of the communications team of the International Office and will be based in Geneva. He / she has a functional link to the International Online Communications officer.
He/she works closely with colleagues throughout MSF’s communication network, particularly those producing content in Arabic and managing digital communications in Arabic.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
To manage the content of MSF’s international website in Arabic.
In the initial months, the web content officer will focus on the finalisation and launching of the website in Arabic.
S/he makes sure relevant and quality content is published in a timely manner, that content is adapted for web and is error-free.
The Arabic Web Content officer can also provide editorial support for MSF staff producing content in Arabic or translations into Arabic and can contribute to MSF’s Arabic style guide.
Launching and promotion of the International Website in Arabic
- Under the coordination of the International Online Communications Officer, manage the migration of Arabic content from MSF UAE’s website to MSF.org.
- Implement search engine optimization strategies.
- In collaboration with the International Online Communication Officer and those managing digital media in arabic, co-develop and implement strategies to grow MSF.org Arabic’s audience and improve visitor engagement
- Provide support to regional communications staff in promoting web site content on social media channels as needed.
- Manage the MSF.org Arabic web-pages including timely uploading and updating of content, and maintenance of a coherent user experience.
Publication on the International Website
Manage the content of the MSF.org Arabic site, in accordance with the editorial policy, and in close collaboration with both the International Office and regional communications staff, and support social media messaging and audience growth.
- Post new material to the MSF.org Arabic website, reflecting MSF’s International and regional communication priorities.
- Publish and maintain reference materials on MSF and its work
- Flag materials that are missing
- Guarantee publication of MSF communications priority immediately after they become available
- Publish and maintain information on how visitors can be involved with MSF as future field workers, donors, or otherwise
Guarantee an editorial quality of publications on msf.org
Support International and regional communications staff with the development of engaging Arabic web-content, ensuring communications are in line with MSF’s editorial guidelines, brand identity, procedures, and key messages.
- Edit, proof-read and approve final copy and design of web-content before it is published on MSF.org.
- Provide editing support for web content originating with MENA-regional communications staff.
- If needed, write content for the website, developing and maintaining consistent styles, messages and tone of copy, appropriate to the communication medium and target audience, and in line with MSF editorial, style and communication guides.
- Contribute to the further development of MSF’s editorial and brand guidelines in Arabic
Reporting and coordination:
- Compile a monthly report detailing online activity on the Arabic site, offer analysis on positive and negative trends and propose possible improvements in relation to organisational objectives, communication and brand awareness.
- Network and collaborate with MSF colleagues internationally regarding online communication, website development, and social media.
- Establish an internal review process to oversee editorial quality standards, relevance, coherence, accuracy and visual design of all Arabic materials on MSF.org.
- Genuine interest in, understanding of, and commitment to; the humanitarian principles, social mission, operations, and challenges of MSF.
- Graduate with relevant degree
- Minimum of three years of experience in creating, editing and coordinating the production of web-based content
- Native Arabic speaker, with exceptional Arabic writing, editing, and proofreading skills and experience in writing for the web
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proven experience using content management systems
- Strong document layout skills, the ability to edit HTML
- Online marketing experience, including with SEO and Google Analytics
- Demonstrated grasp on the role of social media in communication
- Sound editorial judgement
- A spirit of initiative, flexible attitude as well as the ability to work successfully in a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Capacity to travel to MSF projects if required
- Knowledge of and/or previous experience with MSF or another international non-profit organisation, or of the humanitarian sector, especially related to regional medical aid
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator and InDesign
- Fluency in French is an asset
Deadline for applications: 14 August 2015
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOfirstname.lastname@example.org stating “Arabic web content officer” in the title.
Please submit only ONE FILE containing your CV and cover letter and 2 writing samples in Arabic done for the web, and name the file with your last name only
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted