Regional Advocacy Manager for our TB programs in Central Asia
- Looking for new professional challenges?
- Thrive on opportunities to be innovative and make things happen?
- Enjoy being part of an international team?
- Love to network, travel and experience different cultures?
- Passionate about public health advocacy?
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is running a large-scale program in Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and the Chechen Republic in the Russian Federation focusing on the development of an adapted medical strategy for treating multi-drug resistant TB. We are working in cooperation with the local Ministries of Health.
We are looking for
- Advocacy experience with a strong commitment to humanitarian aims and values
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Strong Russian would be a big plus!
- Intercultural competence combined with excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Willingness to live and work in basic conditions together with the MSF international team
- Willingness to travel frequently
You will be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of advocacy strategies to support the program - in close collaboration with the Head of Mission and the Humanitarian Affairs and Advocacy Advisor at MSF headquarters. In addition to advocacy and analysis work, you also will be a focal point for other communication related activities in the MSF mission.
We are offering
- An international employment contract for minimum 12 months, possibly longer
- Remuneration of a minimum of €1474 per month during the first year
- Accommodation and meals provided on site
Want to know more about expat life in an MSF mission?
Interested in joining this exciting project?
Find out about the role in more detail in the job profile
Still have questions? Please contact Patricia Foucault ph +49 - (0)30 - 700 130 209
To apply, please send us the following (in English)
- MSF application form
- Detailed CV
- A cover letter outlining your motivation
- A writing sample (in English, Russian or German)
Please email the documents in word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “REGIONAL ADVOCACY MANAGER” in the subject line
Application deadline 18th May 2015
Due to the urgency of this vacancy we will be screening the applications as they are received so candidates might be contacted before the deadline.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted