Work Location: Geneva
Contract Type: 80% - 2 years contract
Starting date: 1st April 2018
Deadline for applications: 25 March 2018
I- MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF movement, and implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
II- PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Accountant is part of MSF International Finance team inside the Resources unit (Finance and HR) based in Geneva and led by the Head of Resources (HoR).
The Accountant work is supervised by the Financial Controller of MSF International Office and Access Campaign.
The Accountant work closely with the other members of the Resource team and will liaise with other MSF offices on finance and administration relating to MSF International staff, infrastructure costs and projects that may be housed and administratively supported by other offices.
The Accountant will receive and record MSF International’s supplier invoices as well as the intersectional accounts payables and re-invoicing to the other MSF sections.
The Accountant main responsibilities are:
- Collect, check, obtain approval and record invoices and expenses from third parties and from other MSF offices
- Prepare the re-invoicing to the other MSF offices
- Reconcile and analyse suppliers accounts as well as intersectional accounts payables and receivable
- Liaise with Financial Controller relating to any new supplier accounts or new cost centres required
- Support the Financial Controller in preparing the accounting documents to be given to the auditors
- Ensure internal & external queries are resolved on a timely basis
Other responsibilities will be shared with the other accountant of MSF International depending on workload and priorities:
- Track, validate, obtain approval and allocate costs relating to employee business expense claims including business Visa cards;
- Prepare the electronic payments for validation;
- Prepare, obtain approval for and follow up cash advances;
- Record monthly bank transactions
- Complete monthly petty cash count
- Manage and maintain the shared Finance email box
- Ensure that documents (electronic and paper version) are appropriately filed and archived;
- Assist the Resources team on ad hoc finance and administrative matters
IV- PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF;
- Experience and proficiency in financial accounting required;
- Good computer literacy, including an excellent knowledge of Excel; Knoweldge of Dynamics 365 accounting software is an asset;
- Excellent attention to detail, thorough, and accurate;
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal communication skills needed to liaise with staff and suppliers;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French;
- Dedicated and flexible team member prepared to assist when necessary in all tasks required in the small finance, human resources and administration team.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted