MSF Scientific Days 2016
22 June 2016
The MSF Scientific Days 2016 took place in London, New Delhi and Johannesburg. Over 11,000 people from 125 countries participated.
Take a look at videos, presentations and posters from the days.
Key Messages from the MSF Scientific Days
- Syria – the need to do more, do it better, and be creative in how we work.
- Humanity, relationships, community engagement are central – whether designing technology, running a refugee camp, or delivering HIV care.
- Innovation needs rigorous evaluation and the willingness to "fail forward and learn".
- Choose the right research questions then make sure your findings lead to change.
- Ethics systems in humanitarian settings need work – for both research and innovation.
- Drug resistant infections: challenges of resource-rich world also faced in humanitarian settings – we just often fail to investigate or diagnose them late.
- Hepatitis C is a challenging disease but good treatment outcomes are possible in vulnerable groups as long as access to affordable drugs is maintained