MSF: Day by Day in Sierra Leone
MaryBeth McKenzie is an information officer from the Canadian office of MSF visiting field operations in Sierra Leone. During her stay, she is filing frequent reports of her experiences there. Because of necessary travel time and the limited access to telephone lines, the reports are not updated daily but as frequently as possible during her stay there.
- March 24, 2000- Searing heat, juicy mosquitoes - Friendly people everywhere .... and reggae.
- March 25, 2000 - Popular radio in Freetown - Take the Sierra Leone pop-quiz.
- March 25, 2000 - A day on the beach brings a chance encounter with a local trying to find a better life.
- March 25, 2000 - Curfewed fun - Saturday nights on the town in Freetown. Security and checkpoints become the norm.
- March 26, 2000 - If it is Sunday ...- It must be the church and the beach. Faith is considered one of the key aspects of how Sierra Leonese people have survived recent atrocities. Plus,an MSF daytrip to the beach.
- March 27, 2000 - Discovering MSF - A change of plans brings MaryBeth to find out more about the MSF mental health programme in Sierra Leone